L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the month competition, anyone?

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:49 pm

*sigh* I still don't know how you don't have all that figured out DT.. I got it all in about, 3 days. :P You're probably over-thinking it.
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:06 pm

Der meza da lame artist here sometimes,

At least I feel like that sometimes. Hehe no not TSE I was wanting to import into TGE the .ter file I know I can do no sweat, but the texture on top in TGE was what I was looking for. That and I didn't want the sucker tiled but a complete overlay. I wasnt even sure it can be done, that was why I was asking. I am double building here to hedge my bet if I can.

As for the TSE issure HEHE , yup I really am brain dead when it comes to some stuff, math, programming, scripting, and feel very dumb about it sometimes, but I am working it out slowly, and am trying not to bug yaz /smiles, much. Just was wondering if there was a link to importing TGW files as surface maps into the TGE engine?. If not I'll bring the .ter file in and fake the textures. /chuckles.
I have some very hot terrain textures I sure would like to get in if I can.

Almost getting the tweak down on the TSE terrains and textures, just a bit more time and yes a full 3-4 days of actaul work time on it sounds about right, so I am about 1 1/2 days away ROTFL, haha I will get it. Been out of town to much this last week or would have been done by now.

This is about the spot as a Artist only in this industry I fall on my face and I appolige for that and am trying to learn and change that as fast as I can. Just thought I would ask anyway.

What is the theme for next month, anyone know yet? I am ready to crank it up/smiles, got 3 weeks at lleast to deal with my issures rotfl.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:12 pm

Hello DT,

No word for Forboding Angel yet on this month's theme. I might send-off an e-mail.

Also, I would appreciate it if you left further discussion of TSE/TGE-import problems to the 'help and support' forum. This thread is the discussion of last-month's image of the month competition, and TSE has no special relevance here.

Regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Forboding Angel » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:25 am

:shock: Hey thanks guys! A great honor definately, thanks much!

Personally my favorites of the submissions was volcanic and carn dum 2. Those look really really cool :D

As far as themes for next month, anyone have some cool ideas for them? I'm all ears :P
Forboding Angel
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:06 pm

Hay all,

How about something that shows the new features of the new Beta 3 release? With the new layering we can make & add, and the strata feature now in the climates, WOW the world is our oyster now I am thinking? athats my 2 cents anyway idea anyway.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:42 am

G'day all,

DeathTwister wrote:How about something that shows the new features of the new Beta 3 release?

I wonder if it might be a bit too soon for this? Maybe we should give users another month or so to get used to the new climate-editor stuff, strata, etc.

As for other ideas for themes, perhaps one of these might be good:Would anyone else care to add to this list?

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Forboding Angel » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:09 am

I think (for myself anyway) the strata might be a bit too new.

How about coastlines? That sounds cool :-)
Also gives me good reason to make another water map for spring, however, I believe I am exempted from the next competition correct? I hope so. I doubt I can match the things many of you guys are capable of.

Some of the shots in there just made me go "wow!".

How about this... Coastlines, can not be post processed (meaning that it has to be straight from l3dt), it can however be a screenshot from any renderer (such as spring, other games etc.). Just no photoshop editing, or overlays from different programs other than l3dt.

Just an idea, but I think that will focus the competition more on climate settings in l3dt, which sounds pretty cool to me :-)
Forboding Angel
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:38 am

Hello,

Forboding Angel wrote:How about coastlines? That sounds cool :-)

Coastlines it is!

Forboding Angel wrote:I believe I am exempted from the next competition correct? I hope so...

You're exempted if you want to be special-guest judge. Otherwise you're free to enter, and judgement will be by popular vote.

Forboding Angel wrote:How about this... Coastlines, can not be post processed (meaning that it has to be straight from l3dt), it can however be a screenshot from any renderer (such as spring, other games etc.). Just no photoshop editing, or overlays from different programs other than l3dt.

Just an idea, but I think that will focus the competition more on climate settings in l3dt, which sounds pretty cool to me :-)

Sounds good. I'll make the announcement presently.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:34 pm

Hay all,

A quote:
How about this... Coastlines, can not be post processed (meaning that it has to be straight from l3dt), it can however be a screenshot from any renderer (such as spring, other games etc.). Just no photoshop editing, or overlays from different programs other than l3dt.

So that means we can use Wilber or Terragen for the renderer?, and just use layers that we have made in L3DT right? sounds good to me. Or just shots from in Vid engines? Either way KK with me this month and it sounds good.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:36 pm

Hello,

I propose we continue this discussion in the thread for the June IOTM.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Image competition