L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

July Image of the Month Competition

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Postby Rofar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:24 pm

Congrats dEaThMaStEr!

I will do my best to try to get an entry in for August.
Rofar
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:13 am

Congratulations dEaThMaStEr!

That was a great image, and also a great technical achievement. The addition of particles, shaders and smoke in a real-time render really raises the bar in the competition. I’m very impressed, and I look forward to seeing your entries for this month.

Congratulations also to Ch3rokee. I thought your Carrera renders were outstanding, and I agree with DeathTwister that the competition was very close. The painted volcano version was particularly eye-catching, and I'd love to see more of that sort of artistry in the future.

Finally, my thanks to DeathTwister for judging the competition, providing detailed and constructive comments, and for haranguing people to enter.

Okay, I've updated the IoTM competition page with the new rules, and I'll announce the August competition in a new thread shortly.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby JavaJones » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:21 am

Congrats to dEaThMaStEr and to all entrants! I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to participate - I was going to try to get something in last night but I just didn't have the time. Ah well, hopefully next month. :)

- Oshyan
Visit Outland - Off the beaten path...
JavaJones
Doyen

Previous

Return to Image competition