L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Voting begins

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

In your opinion, which image should win the August Image of the Month Competition?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:09 am

Contrasts, by Cherokee
20%
The Northern Hithaeglir, by Monkschain
10%
Rosehills topo, by SeerBlue
No votes
Icelandia High Mountain Lake, by DeathTwister
No votes
Rosehill Fortress, by SeerBlue
20%
Icelandia Mountain Range, by DeathTwister
30%
Icelandia Mountains, by DeathTwister
20%

Total votes : 10

Voting begins

Postby Aaron » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:09 am

Hello,

The August competition is now closed for entries an open for voting. Many thanks to SeerBlue, Monkschain, DeathTwister and Ch3rokee for their fantastic entries, which can be seen here.

Please take a minute to cast your vote using the poll attached to this post (linky here). The poll will close in three days time (4th of Sept.)

Best regards,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:31 pm

I really like the way you did this Aaron, way Cool. We should do this all the time on voting when no judges are not looking hahahahahaha....

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby SeerBlue » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:47 am

hehehe took me 5 minutes to figure out you have to be logged in to vote, cleared my cache earlier so had to do it manually. SeerBlue
Check Out Me-DEM
SeerBlue
Luminary

Postby monks » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:05 pm

:lol: hahaha shame now I don't get to curse the judges when I lose :lol:

(in best ominous voice) my vote is cast!

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:51 am

The people have spoken. The winner for the August Image of the Month Competition is...

...drum roll please...

DeathTwister!

...with Icelandia Mountain Range. Congratulations DeathTwister on another fine entry and successful campaign. Eternal fame and glory are yours once more!

Congratulations must go also to Ch3rokee, SeerBlue, and Monkschain for their excellent images. It was a *very* close competition in my opinion, and I think that was reflected in the poll results. Some of these images are sure to make it into the showcase gallery I'll be compiling later this month.

Now, DeathMaster, with victory comes responsiblity. According to our age-old customs, it is now your duty to select the theme (or no-theme) for the September competition. I have a few suggested themes listed here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/news/doku.php? ... otm:themes

Also, would you prefer sole dictatorial right to judge the competition (and thereby abstain from entering yourself), or would you prefer we give in to mob-rule once again so you can join the throng? [sorry, I've been reading Caesar again].

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:16 am

Wehey! Congratulations DT on a fine entry and win :wink:

There were some nice images in there. I'm thankful for the good gent who took pity on my pic :lol:

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:05 pm

Hay guys,

Monks Wrote:
Wehey! Congratulations DT on a fine entry and win Wink

There were some nice images in there. I'm thankful for the good gent who took pity on my pic Laughing

monks

Aaron Wrote:
The people have spoken. The winner for the August Image of the Month Competition is...

...drum roll please...

DeathTwister!

...with Icelandia Mountain Range. Congratulations DeathTwister on another fine entry and successful campaign. Eternal fame and glory are yours once more!

Congratulations must go also to Ch3rokee, SeerBlue, and Monkschain for their excellent images. It was a *very* close competition in my opinion, and I think that was reflected in the poll results. Some of these images are sure to make it into the showcase gallery I'll be compiling later this month.

Wow Thanks guys, I am honored..........and since I won by one yes it was very close, wooohooo, I as well think the entries were all hot ones. I probobly will be not be entering for a few months as I am so bizzy with AWM, IMS, world texture web site, theatomizer, DeathLords, Le Galleria and so on, so thanks for the win guys, so now have at it boys, it's your turn. I will enter if I get time but I dought it as I have all my fav's up on the website right now anyway. Here is next month's compitition.

Drum roll please like Aaron said.............

Theme for next month competition is to submit the best piece that you feel that you have created so far working with L3DT. it can be any subject that you want, just has to be your favorite. It will be judged the same way this one was, by poll That way every man Jack of you can enter something or ladies if any on the L3DT wagon. /smiles....Do we have any ladies Aaron working with L3DT that you know of? Would be sweet if there was.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also would like to just for once have them all done in Aaron's viewer as well since again it is very easy to set up. If that is OK with Aaron? You can enter any picture as long as it is your fav, any engine or any editor/viewer. I have a couple of reasons for the viewer though. One is it won't be the viewer much longer I suspect, and we should archive some of the viewer pictures for a museum later, and second is it a way to allow everyone to enter more easy. No more having trouble with Engines rendering because they are so huge, and or Moms shutting off the comp at a bad moment or power going out at the bad moment, that sort of thing. Next month after that, we can do a video game compitition if the winner so chooses, I just thought it might be fun to do one this way. What do you all think?

Skies are easy to make and even on hand from the Tuts I have done and later this week when our http://www.theatomizer.com comes back online at a different server you can go download a bunch of skies there if you need to, or grab the tut. Should be back by weeks end. Derrr.... long story. Hope this sounds good for everyone and that way we can have lots of entries as they are sitting around on your computer right now, just have to uplaod them.

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:40 am

Hi Maylock,

I think that's a great idea. I've posted the announcement over here, but I have added one slight (proposed) modification: users don't actually need to use L3DT for the terrain or texture. I'd like to see what everyone comes up with, given a free choice. Does this sound OK?

Cheers,
Aaron.

PS: I suggest further comments/replies be made in the September thread. Keeps things neat.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:35 pm

Yup yup that sounds fine :lol:

By the way, our main website kinda went down and all my email addresses. Long story but we are in the process of moving it all, but the old server is a pain in the U know where so it is taking longer then we would like. So I will do manual checks daily until it all gets back up and running. Another good reason for setting up our own servers by years end for us. Can't stand other people controlling our servers any more. Having said that Go-dady.com seems to be pretty good so we are going to land there until we get ours up and running.

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Image competition