L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the month competion: October

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Which of Ch3rokee's images do you prefer?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:26 am

Delta
80%
Delta2
20%

Total votes : 5

Image of the month competion: October

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:26 am

Hi All,

I am pleased to announce Ch3rokee the winner of the image of the month competition for September. Whilst this was a technical knock out, Ch3rokee's two images (delta and delta2) nevertheless showed a characteristically inventive use of Bryce and PSP to produce a unique land form not previously seen here. Well done indeed.

Attached to this post is a poll to decide just which of Cherokee's images will get the IoTM gong for Sept. Voting closes in three days.

In any case, Ch3rokee has won fame and eternal glory for this month, and now has the honour of choosing the competition theme for October, as well as any special rules or conditions.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Ch3rokee » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:10 pm

Thank you Aaron, it's always good to win fame and eternal glory :D but it's sad to win because no one participated. :roll:

But anyway, if someone want to participate this month, I propose the theme of Rivers. To be rendered in your favorite program with all the props you want to include, but no post work to the rendered image.
The winner to be decided by popular vote.

Good luck to everyone, and please, participate and show what L3DT can do
8) .
Ch3rokee
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:50 pm

Hay guys,

Ch3rokee Wrote:

but it's sad to win because no one participated. Rolling Eyes
But anyway, if someone want to participate this month,

Here here I agree with you brother. I didn't enter this month as I won last month, but I will try and enter this month. I guess people are art shy? or something???
It really does not take that long to make and enter something so my questain is this. What will it take to get more people entering?? Inquiring minds want to know /winks. What are we missing my friends? what do you guys need to enter besides more time hahaha? I know that some incredible stuff is being done, and sure would love to see some of it. Maybe start a disscussion about this? or qa blog?

By the way it is good for companies and Groups/dev people to win awards, and by the way you can post that fact on your websites and looks good as to what you have done lately.
YOU CAN NEVER WIN 2 MANY AWARDS IN LIFE, Saying all this I guess I should update our websites and post the winnings I have made hahaha and /chuckles. Hay, are we not busy??? AYE? hahaha

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:09 pm

HAHAHA,

Aaron must be busy hehehe, he has not yet set up a image of the month page for October yet ROTFL, you go boy /smiles.

OK Well my entries are in for the month I think. I had some rivers on hand so tosed them in. I used the texture map from L3DT, (Temporate with my twist) then added some of those textures I made from the Klamath textures I posted a bit back in Terragen to add a bit of more Texure to the terrain. That is what I came up with as a end texture, so I can then export that Texure map out later and make a overlay on the L3DT map in Photo Shop before I send it all into the Vid Engine's base texure, either TSE or the Ogre engine.

OK off to a weekend of Music at the Takilma's Barter and Harvest Festival. Music from all over the world and we are going to try and either stream it somehow live, or do taps of it all later so check out the http://www.takilmafm.com website for this weekend and we see what we can come up with for you all. It's a IMS weekend for me, see and pst on Monday, and you all can hear and listen to good music this weekend on and off.

DeathTwister Signing off for a bit /gets in By-plane and flies off into the day.
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Just a reminder: There's only one weekend to go in the October competition.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:19 am

About a day and a half to go, and the competition is heating up...
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:47 am

Competition closed! Congratulations and thanks go to Tillot, Mauro, BigYak, Ch3rokee and DeathTwister for the absolute bumper-crop of fantastic images this month. I will be posting the voting thread shorty...
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Image competition