L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the month competition: November

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Image of the month competition: November

Postby Aaron » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:54 am

Hello all,

The image of the month competition for November is open, and Ch3rokee has nominated the following theme:

Deserts (any kind, any way)

An excellent choice, if I may say so, and one I think is accessible ot everyone.

Best of luck with your entries,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:46 am

Hello again,

I was wondering what people's thoughts might be on a scoreboard for the image of the month page. I've put one up provisionally, but if people think it's too competitive or unfriendly, I'll be happy to scrap the idea. By the way, the current leaders are DeathTwister and Ch3rokee (tied on two), and Terragen is leading the renderer comp (also on two).

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:33 pm

Hahahaha, Hay Aaron,

Seems ok with me /winks but I am one of the winners... Hahahaha, it's got my vote.

Since Ch3rokee inspired me so much this month I did do a image in Bryce for a change, and one in Terragen, which I am going to I hope have my third in TGE1.5 or the new build of TSE which is not called that nay more ROTFL.

I am mainly waiting from my programmer who went dark and is due to come up for air any day now with a new version for me to download of the TSE engine.
So I will try a desert in one of them, which ever I get to work the best will be my final entry, It's the experiment that counts sometimes hahaha ROTFL.
I have been re-working our old version of "DeathLords" video game we are getting ready to release her we hope soon, so I have posted some new concept designs from Terragen and now to take them into the new engines.

So as it turned out for me Deserts was right on cue for projects this month for me anyway, other then the http://texturesource.org project that me and Javabones are doing together. So good timing I thought.

by the way Ch3rokee Bryce can be a hoot to play with, been so long since I did it for fun I forgot /smiles.... I just use it now for the most part for Textures and Skies I need in Vid game engines. anyway Ch3rokee thanks for the inspiration dude.

DeathTwisters Alley
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:03 am

Hello,

This is a quick reminder that there is about one week to go in the image of the month competition for November, so it's time to get rendering. A big thanks go out to BigYak and DeathTwister for their early and excellent contributions (see here).

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:11 pm

Yup yup,

I want to enter a TGE 1.5 shot if I can get the time this Month. I have a TG one to enter if I don't get the time, but I really want to enter a desert scene in TGE or TSE for my third entry. But dang I am busy...whew.....Hoping to spend some Vid game engine time this weekend.

Haven't had time to check, but hope there are lots of entries like last month. It was so much more fun that way /smiles.......

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

If there are no objections, I'd like to move the closing date for the IoTM competition back to the 4th for this month. I'm moving house this weekend, and I therefore won't be around to post the voting poll, update the competition page, etc.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:14 pm

Hay Aaron brother,

Sounds Oki Doki to me, I am still swamped and have not had time to even get into TSE, or TGE, to finish up some work, so I will probobly have to post a TG Picture if I cannot get the time for my third one. Still won't have the time I am betting, but it does help me anyway /smiless.

Hay, I hope you bought your new home your moving into. It really sucks to pay other peoples house payments when with a little luck and thought you can live in your own home and the money you pay at least is putting the money in your bankaccount, not some one else. Haha if not I hope ya got a good place with a good view for your computer room. WOO HOO Aaron, send us some pictures of your new home and around your house? That would be a hoot /smiles again. Hay Got any good textures to add to TS yet Aaron? Mmm sounds good..... hahaha We are always looking for a few good textures ya know /winks...

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:34 pm

Hi All,

The gallery is locked, and the poll will be opened in a few hours (after work). To view the entries, go to:

http://www.bundysoft.com/coppermine/thu ... p?album=13

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Image competition