L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the Month Competition: April

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Image of the Month Competition: April

Postby Aaron » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:30 am

Hi All,

The image of the month competition for April is open. The theme this month is:

Anything goes!

The deadline is the 1st of May, and the standard rules apply.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:58 pm

Humm,

good to know but not sure I have the time to enter again this month, I will try and with Constructor and a few other apps that just came out, my plate is pretty full atm. OH by the way Grats Aaron for your win /smiles......and to all the others that entered /bows.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:56 pm

Wow I have not seen any entries,

Hummm, what did people go brain dead on Aaron?? hahahaha /chuckles.
Just kidding I know most are not brain dead, just busy bee like me. I may find time to post something but I dout it for this month and was hoping to see some other peoples stuff any way like last months as I know you are all awesome artists and you all should be posting. Shame on you guys. /winks

I am close to some major breakthroughs and need a bit more time to finish up on those areas before I do more posting art here, but soon.../smiles.

I see the L3DT version 2.5 is released WOw, WOO HOO, going to download and see how the TGEA exporter works, Whew very cool, very cool indeed /smiles...WTG Aaron and GG. Ok if all goes well and I can get a terrain into TGEA fairly easy I will post ma findings over the next week, but I am hella busy and I am having a gas with constructor and other apps like tgd2 and others s as my side track projects /smiles...

I did post an tgd2 entry on:
http://www.designpaths.com/forums/thread.php?sid=&postid=205#post205
Monthly compotition for those that have been playing with that software? But I was making planets and not just terrains of late so have not posted much while I am learning this new craft somewhat. /winks

I only post L3DT terrain stuff when I post art here, so I just send ya on a link for those that may want to play on this forum and share tgd2 art, and it is also a very good resource to get tutorials on. OK back to work on the release of our game engine project and hope to post that very soon. Hopefuly with a .exe download soon so you all can help us test the final stages of leGalleria and ATOMIXWorld, hahahaha /winks.

If I can find the time when I test this new build I will try and use it as an entry so I can be a team player here on your site brothers /smiles so let me see what I can magic up quick in tgd2 from what I make in the new L3DT, and export it out now that I have posted the other comps entries. then Back to work hahaha.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby demi » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:30 pm

I put a few up to get the ball rolling. Like DT I have little time anymore to work on my project. Things in real life eat away the time.

Demi
demi
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:36 pm

Hay guys,

OK I am uploading one entry, well kinda 2 in one you will see. Now I would like to see more entries and maybe we should make these comps by monthly if people have trouble getting entries in. Any reason why more people do not eneter on Aaron site? anyone want to help figure out why nthere are not more entries? On most webites you cannot get people not to enter in comps so I actually am quite surprised.

Way to Go Demi bro, looks like good stuff as well. Anyway I was playing with the new build and thought maybe it would be nice to see some variations of the same terrain in different stages in tgd2.

I was going to do 3-4 in the series, but I just don't have the time to do that, even with rendering out stuff on my other comp, I have been swamped with stuff, and I want to enter in Aaron's video game comp here soonby deadline times. I think you guys will like what we have been working on for-ever hahaha.

Anyway uploading my entry now as I really want to suport Aaron and the stuff that goes on in this wonderful website. /winks

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Fri May 04, 2007 12:40 pm

Hay guys,

Well I been so busy I forgot about the comp here /chuckles.....But....

Since there are only 2 people that have entered so far, could we let this go another Month for more people to join the contest? maybe make these every 2 months or so if people have trouble entering every month? Maybe some feedback from peeps here on this??

And I was wondering where the video game comp page is for both screens and actual game entry page? I think I have some entries for that one as well if that is still going to happen? We are working with TGE1.5.1 on finishing up a project and if all goes well we are about 4-6 weeks (crosses figures) from Beta. I will have new screens with Consturctor files and a new feel and look and but of course a lovely L3DT Terrain /smiles....but I have not seen a thread for that.

Hahaha ya, TGEA will be next, but now TGE 1.5.1 has very few bugs, in fact we can't find any, and that got us all gooie and excited, so although we will do a TGEA version later, this works good for us now.

Sorry I have not had the time to post more and help out more right now, but I am swamped and deep in 3 projects ATM, and there are only 2 of us ATM, till we get to the next stage, so we working butts off hahaha. /smiles and /winks.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Madcowthomas » Fri May 04, 2007 9:08 pm

Every time log on always reading about the contest. Can someone post on the portal page a section when the contest starts and ends with the theme. Something under the image of the month, think this help get more people to join in on the contest. Offer a donut as a prize and you get lots of people wanting to win!
From the mad cows desk to yours,
Peace
Madcowthomas

Yo...Reggie vacation mom!

"Without imagination we would cease to exist"
William Thomas
(1970-)
Warning!
Burping Babies are the Cause of Global Warming!
Madcowthomas
Doyen

Postby Aaron » Tue May 08, 2007 12:48 am

Hi DT,

I agree, let's roll this competition over to include May. I might get some screenies finished too.

I'm open to the idea of a two month competition, but I'll defer to the will of the users (hello?).

As for the video game comp; it hasn't opened yet. I'd like to see a few users pledge to enter before we bother with the whole rigmarole of a competition. Do we have any takers?

Madcowthomas wrote:Every time log on always reading about the contest. Can someone post on the portal page a section when the contest starts and ends with the theme. Something under the image of the month, think this help get more people to join in on the contest. Offer a donut as a prize and you get lots of people wanting to win!

Done! Well...except for the donut bit. I'm not sure anyone would want a donut that's been air-freighted from Melbourne Australia. It might be a wee-bit crusty. Nonetheless, the portal pge has been updated.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Tue May 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Hay thanks Boss,

Ya, I am just about ready to commit to the vid game comp, we iz so close, but until I know for sure we in the pipe 5 by 5, I want to get it right before I open ma mouth.

Hahaha, hay we 2 guys one artist one programmer and while we are good and fast? that still is way slow for a 2 man team in vid game dev. But soon we hope to hire people if all goes well in next few months. Anyway we am working on one, soon to shoot some screens out, so that sounds good 2 me.

I will keep ya updated. Now get some more entries in guys, sheshh, maybe should have some kind of prize besides eternal fame and glory hahahahaha.
OOH speaking of Compititions, I just won the Orbital render context on the Paths boards. Maybe want to go check out my entry? no no l3DT terrains, I was making planets, but it sure came out nice. It's: http://www.designpaths.com/ is there main web page and later today or so they will post the win on the front of there website.
Also I did do another rendered version of Wayfarer Station and it is the link below if anyone wants to check it out is:
http://www.theatomizer.com/postedImages/WayfarerStation2.jpg

This is kinda on topic, just a different contest. Thought maybe it will inspire people to enter in Aaron's? I sure hope so /smiles.....

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby dennis » Thu May 10, 2007 11:23 pm

Hey DT, congrats on the win! You know what would be a really cool award? The rights to use a Bundysoft icon showing that you won the Image of the Month Contest! Something that you could use on your own websites but would also show the Bundysoft/L3DT logo.

At any rate, I decided to join this month's contest. It's an image of an area on the test island we're using for the game. It's a TGEA Blender terrain created in L3DT using the stock L3DT textures.
dennis
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Fri May 11, 2007 1:16 pm

morning Dennis,

Thankies for the grats, I have a small bio for the month on http://designpaths.com with a couple of more renders, one of a L3DT terrain done in tgd2 "RazorBack". God I love those shaders they have /winks.

Woo Hoo good for you it is very good to see more entries in the contest.
I just went and checked it out, OMG Wow great one dude, killer entry. Haha and I dunna think Aaron mind one little bit putting up logos of his software, in fact he has 2 somewhere on this site for us to use, Aaron? where ya got em again? I have a L3DT logo on our front page on the atomizer says powered by...along with a few others. :lol: Like to see a close up of the building also maybe? with the terrain in the background? Great work.

We are about ready to go beta with our (3d art gallery) "Le Galleria" and when we do I am going to have about 5 contests or more and good prizes for artists and modelers coming up real soon.
We Will post here when I am sure we are ready. My programmer and I have been working hard on some stuff and we making major headway now /smiles.... :wink: Constructor helped allot there. What an :idea: thjey had when they gave it away, very smart.

OK guys more entries are need for the contest, Monks? and all you Yahoo's need to anti up here to the bar and get more entries in, lets do Aaron proud this month, so he keeps giving us Killer updates... 8)

Oh before I forget, there is a very big contest coming up next month on http://renderosity.com with there every 2 year BIG contest. 150 first place prize and lots more. So any of you artists that want to have some great fun you may want to go check it out.
After you register go to the contest section. But you better enter a image here first, or Aaron will Bop ya /winks hahahahalolol ROTFL. The deadline for that comp is June 4th so get hopping on your entry, I have been working on one now for a couple of weeks as I want that win hahaha, yaya sure, it will be fun just to enter. But I can't wait to go vote on it, should be some very awesome entries as it is world wide and I am sure some of the best artists in the world right now are going to enter.
I will get mine in just before the deadline. My entry will be about Dark Magic, and the terrain is in part L3DT, or was at one time under all the shaders /smiles....

Hahahaha

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sun May 27, 2007 10:00 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick reminder that there are only a few days to go in the Image of the Month Competition. So far we have entries from Demi, DeathTwister, Dennis, and myself.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Mon May 28, 2007 2:51 am

Hay Aaron,

Sure could use some more entries I think /smiles.... I may enter one or 2 more, I have laying around, I think. But would rather see others enter /winks.

And I am about ready for that TGE/TGEA or video game contest, we should set a page up to discuss that about now maybe boss? Got some ideas and wanted to get a better picture of what we need to do and how together a level has to be, as I know it will have to be a compiled .exe as we cannot share the source code stuff and things like that and so on, so maybe set a contest page up for discussion now?

Edit: Well I uploaded 2 more for the contest since it is almost time and I had them laying around thought maybe to beef up the contest. Sure hope we get a few more entries before the deadline guys?
One was a shader tutorial I did in tgd2 using the fake rock shader, and the other is a ongoing project we have been working on at ATOMIX that is getting close to being done now so thought I would post a screen in the contest as well. very Nice entries so far by the rest of you artists and hope more will follow before the deadline.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Wed May 30, 2007 5:30 am

One last reminder: The competition closes at 12AM Friday morning GMT. If anyone has any pretty screenshots lying around, now is the time to upload! There is no theme, so almost anything will do (note: must still feature terrain from L3DT).

DT: Thanks for the reminder on the game comp. We'll work out the rules/dates after this image comp closes, so as to avoid confusion. My guess is that the game comp would last ~6 months anyway, so a few days shouldn't matter too much. I'll have to think up a prize too (eternal fame and glory doesn't seem to cut the mustard any more).

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed May 30, 2007 12:39 pm

Morning Aaron,

well for me morning /winks. Sounds good to me. And ya, the old awards does not seem to be the charm you were hoping for huh? /smiles....I always do it for fun, but it is always nice to have a treal award also for the bigger ones.

I am going to have 5-6 charectoer modeling contests on our website in the next month or so ourselves, as we were going to have a contest for charecter modeling with skinning, bones, and IK as all part of the contest, with 100.00 to 150.00 first place winners, ad they get to see there cool mods in the Gallery and other places we are working on, so I hear you very clear, yep a bit of cash goes a long way to get an artists attention sometimes hahaha. Did I mention part of the contest is to have them Torque ready for both TGEA and TGE /smiles so dust them models off boys we going to have some fun.

I will post here in a seporate post when we getting real close and have all the rules drawn up and everything. Yawn, KK need coffee so going to get a drink of wakeup juice, as my spelling and eyeballs are all messed up.........

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Image competition