L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Voting for June

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Please make your vote for the June Image of the Month Competition

Poll ended at Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:56 pm

L3DT in MTP-Target, by Hinklemister
No votes
Tropic Vista, by JohnJ
10%
Qinling EF2000, by Rhino
No votes
Qinling Challenger 2 #1, by Rhino
10%
Qinling Challenger 2 #2, by Rhino
40%
Tropic Vista #2, by JohnJ
30%
Elfenherz - Gezeitensturm : Highlands, by blackFin
10%
Elfenherz - Gezeitensturm : Highlands II, by blackFin
No votes
ATOMIX World Town Center, by DeathTwister
No votes
ATOMIX World From Above, by DeathTwister
No votes
Le Galleria Tree Gallery, by DeathTwister
No votes

Total votes : 10

Voting for June

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

We've had a fantastic response to this months image competition, the theme of which was best in-game screenshot. Now, however, it is time to choose the winner. You may view all the entries by following the link to the this months entries gallery. One you've made your decision, please vote using the poll above. The poll closes in five days time.

Of course, I'd like to extend my warm thanks to Hinklemister, JohnJ, Rhino, blackFin and DeathTwister for sharing their work with us this month. To me it is nothing short of inspirational to see such a fine array of things that fly over, drive upon, walk across or otherwise decorate terrain. Did I mention the trees? They're everywhere, and they're gorgeous. Well done to one and all!

Cheerio,
Aaron.

PS: In an experimental deviation from the regular rules, and following popular request, the winner this month will be the artist with the most aggregate votes. The winning image will then be selected from the entries of the winning artist, based on the image with the most votes.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:41 am

The Image of the Month Competition for June 2007, by a margin of one vote, has been awarded to:

Qinling Challenger 2 #2, by Rhino:

Please join me in congratulating Rhino for the fabulous image, and also in thanking all the entrants for their extremely impressive work. The standard this month was exceptional.

Along with the honorary title of Supreme Ruler of the Known Universe, Rhino also earns the distinction of choosing the theme for this month's competition. If inspiration is required, we have a list of potential themes over here.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby JohnJ » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:13 pm

Congratulations Rhino! Your screenshots definitely stand out; the artwork/graphics/everything is just amazingly well done :D
JohnJ
Contributing member

Postby Rhino » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:00 pm

thanks guys! was a close one and well done to all the others who took part too! :D

my pc has been offline for the last few days so only just had a chance to check this topic hehe.

cheers! hope to be doing some more stuff soon with L3DT to show off to you guys :)
Rhino

Postby Rhino » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:44 am

also we put it on our new update on our site :)

http://www.realitymod.com/
Rhino

Postby Aaron » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:35 am

Hi Rhino,

Customarily, the winner picks the theme for the following months competition. Would you like to nominate a theme? We keep an index of new and used theme ideas over here, but please feel free to choose something that's not on the list.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Rhino » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:56 pm

hehe, didnt relize that :p

I've got a good theme, idea :)

how about a anouther planet terrain? could even be sci-fi :)

that should get ppls minds going 8)
Rhino

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:28 pm

I'm game sounds good, or fantasy or sci fi/fantasy??? I going to use maybe tgd2 this month then for my entries if that is OK with everyone. Fun to play in that software while I working heavy atm in Vid game dev, so this relaxes my mind sometimes to play in other software then what I hav3 to work in as a day job hahaha..
not to mention fun as hell to figure stuff out in tgd2 and all the goodies in there and it works and looks so good with your L3DT terrains Aaron, simply awesome I think.
DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Image competition