L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the Month Competition: July

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Image of the Month Competition: July

Postby Aaron » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:52 am

Hi All,

The image of the month competition for July is open. The theme this month is:

Another planet

Many thanks go to Rhino for choosing what I think will be a fun and intriguing theme, which much scope for imagination and creativity.

The closing date is the 1st of August. Best of luck and happy rendering!

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:22 am

Drools at all the ideas that come to mind for this months contest.

Think I will use tgd2 and or Vue this Month, maybe both for a change of feeling. Great idea you had, Wooo Hooo also I just got C4D so maybe mess with that one and or XSI, humm, not enough time, KK I'll come up with something fun......Dragons? Spaceships crash landed? Alien Cities? hummm, what to do hahaha lolol

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:22 am

Hi Guys,

A quick reminder: There's only a few days to go before the July image competition closes. The theme is "another planet".

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Hay boss,

I am uploading one now, and my first entry is not so much Sci Fi looking as fantasy, but both can be in space so I think I have an interesting entry anyway.

Oh FYI, I have 20,054,057 polygons in this scene I am posting and I basically ran out of VR memery doing this one, so I did find the limits on my new computer last night hahaha.

My first entry is more like a parallel World then another planet, but it could be. :lol: Sorry have not been on here more, but been very busy with other apps and have not had the time I would like to play in L3DT these days. So this first one is done in Vue as I had not worked with it for a while and thought it could be fun, and it has been, although I kinda got side tracked, been a good thing in the end and won some awards for my effort so that was cool.

My second entry is a bit harder to finish as I am still working on it in tgd2. I ran into a brick wall trying to get a model into it that has way more then the 16 texture limit that they have on models at this time. I have 80 on one model so thats not going to work. So I have had to rethink all of it and I am now re-working it and should have at least one more entry. I want to do using tgd2 since it has so many awesome capabilities in it, or will have when they finish it.

OK Have not checked to see if anyone has made a entry, so going there now to upload one anyway for now. You guys better get some more up now also hear? :lol: :o :P :wink:

EDIT: I just uploaded my first one and Wow guys nice entries you 2 posted so far, very nice work, well done, looking forward to seeing more from peeps? Sci Fi Tanks maybe? /winks or spaceships? Humm, maybe I need to slap one in the next one hummm, nice stuff so far WTG guys.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Been out of town, so where do we go to vote on the contest? /smiles
DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Image competition