L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the Month Competition: October

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Image of the Month Competition: October

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi All,

The image competition was a little quiet for September*, so it will be extended to include October as well. The theme remains:

Deserts with water

With water in the theme, I think this could be a good opportunity for users to showcase the gorgeous runtime water shaders in their respective games/engines/renderers of choice.

Best regards,
Aaron.

* Many thanks to DeathTwister for his excellent - and timely - entries.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:42 pm

Doh,

Hay guys,

I been real sick of late and totally missed it all any way, other then the tgd2 Monthly Challenges on Renderosity that I am 1 of 3 managers for now, and work, I been pretty much a sicky in bed, DOh......

All I have atm is the 2 entries I did, and have been working in the TGE engine of late, sorry no killer water in that engine really. Going to switch to the TGEA engine after the first of the year on a new project that is step 2, but nothing momentis as I have been waiting for tgea to get a bit better on interface, and that Atlas thing that seems to drive everyone nuts, so I just been sitting back and waiting and watching on that, and when it becomes a no brainer to export out of here and into tgea, I will get more excited. But have deadlines to meet and no time to muck around now since we so close to a release we just staying on the track we have. Engine is running very good tge 1.5.3 and not many if any bugs in the engine in the build we are using so we happy at the moment.

Anyway all mine are in and no time to do any more, was surprised I had that much time to play then /winks. So good luck all.......

DT :wink:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Rhino » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:18 am

I should be able to enter something in before the end of the month. Thou it aint quite a "Desert" it dose have alot of water and think it just qualifies but that will be upto you guys :)

Any rules to this? Are Ingame Screenshots allowed etc?
Rhino

Postby Madcowthomas » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Awesome work again DeathTwister
From the mad cows desk to yours,
Peace
Madcowthomas

Yo...Reggie vacation mom!

"Without imagination we would cease to exist"
William Thomas
(1970-)
Warning!
Burping Babies are the Cause of Global Warming!
Madcowthomas
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:07 pm

Haha well I have been on and off the Internet as I am testing a new system out here in the middle of nowhere with YFI so I hope to have the bugs worked out by the beginning of the month to see your entry my friend, can't wait.

Humm, how come no other entries? My work is not that good as to scare people into not entering I am sure, so where the frack are all you guys anyway?

Don't leave me out here all alone guys, it is lonely and cold where I am sitting hahahahaha. So if I am a bit sketchy with me in and out, you now know why /smiles........and awefully hot during the days in the desert heat.

PS: Having Surgery on the first as well as the tgd2 Monthly Challenge to manage on Renderosity and they go into voting as well on the first, so I may be a bit slow, but I get here to vote, so leave plenty of time please Aaron, as I gotz me plate full...../wry grin.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Jovin » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:50 am

Safe journey DT! Hang in there. I crushed my L1 vertebra in an accident and was sitting on a hospital bed for hours waiting for a CAT scan to tell me if I was in danger of spine damage. Luckily, I had the best prognosis, and vertebrae are sponge bones designed to heal stronger after damage, so that's good. Just gotta be good to my disks now. In any case, good thoughts and wishes from this location, may you get the best results.

Cheers
Jovin

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Thank you Jovin,

I am pretty sure that while I feel like doggie doo doo now, that it is going to be a easy fix, when they do the upper GI on me. I hope /winks, but pretty sure they have it figured and it is way not as bad as it could be at my age. /wipes sweat off brow..........

Help make me happy my friends and get entries in so I am not the lone stranger hahaha lolol You all are such fine incredible artists, I am having trouble understanding why the place is not busting loose with art, since there is so many of us here???????? God you all are good. Both creative and Technical Artists. And deserts are easy, less to put in them ROTFL, if ya get my drift haha.

OK off for my Saturday morning bike ride, even if I feel sick, I have to ride every day, or I turn into a pumpkin. Most days it is OK, but others Woooo very hard to do, and make those the days when I just do like 14 miles or so, and head back. Long runs are 30-42 or there abouts, and I try and ride 6-7 days a week, but been way behind this last month, so have to keep going.

OK hope to see more entries in here soon, and good luck /smiles. Haven't checked for updates for a bit, but will do that later, I know Aaron is working buns off /smiles.... Also just after the first of the year or so, we getting back into the TGEA engine again, as see if this atlas is working better, but are just about winding down in some ways the ATOMIX World /Le Galleria Project, well winding down meaning we just about ready to go closed Beta /smiles.........more on that soon as well. But the TGE engine has been running so smooth, that we decided to finish the first step of this in that, then switch out to tgea later after we get back to cracking on DeathLords again. Have to remember we are just 2 guys Artist/Programmer and do not have deep pockets yet, or a team, Ack, so takes us a bit longer is all. And we are both Completely Disabled and both of us getting long in the tooth hahahaha lolol, not.

DT

PS: Aaron, what ever happened to the video game engine contest you were going to start up? we are about ready anyway if there is enough to have a contest, we just about there now I think, so you might want to think and talk about it again with everyone. Be kinda cool to have one around the beginning of the year, maybe call it that? Then see how they fair over this next year and have a update contest in one year and see how all of them did, or did not do??? anyway an idea to think about.
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

One day to go!

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

The image comp for September/October is closing in about 12 hours time.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Oh chit, just had surgery and have not been on sorry I will go vote right now, still have time? And yes, I think I will live even if I wont be feeling up to snuff for a while.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Image competition