L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

How To Import Tile Maps via Script?

Correspondence concerning plugins and scripts; development, use, bugs and ideas.

How To Import Tile Maps via Script?

Postby Alanick » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:33 am

Hi,

I noticed that no one seems to come here anymore, seems pretty abandoned, i am new here though, hoping to possible get an answer.

I would like to know, if its possible to have a script that can import thousands of map tiles, be it height, color, mask, normal etc via script, where the tiles can have any resolution, and are already named in a way that it gets built from left hand corner and must overlap by one pixel.
In one of my example it would be raw 32bit float height each tile is 257x257 where they overlap by one pixel becoming 256x256, second tile would be on top and overlap by one pixel, up to 8 in total, then second row would follow starting from left to right, going up 8 tiles as well, so on and so forth.
Basically it would be like a large area with 8x8=64 total sections, only for that area, all are 257x257 once overlapped by one pixel it would be 2048x2048 area, and there are more than one area each is same resolutions per section.

Is something like that even possible?
Can anyone share a script that can do just that? For either merging tiles of height, color etc, or if not possible at least height raw maps?
Alanick

Re: How To Import Tile Maps via Script?

Postby Alanick » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Is there anyone still around here anymore? I hope someone can really help.
Alanick

Postby Alanick » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:13 am

Someone?
Alanick

Postby jabo1SFH » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:06 pm

wish i could help. does not seem like anyone has been back. i was hoping that the admin would pop in now and then, but that has not materialized either.

:twisted:
jabo1SFH

Postby Alanick » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:56 pm

It is sad to see this abandoned, i finally found this incredible software that does exactly what i need, but no one is here to help in this scripting issue.
I understand it is given for free now, or trial per say, but to know how to use it properly would have been nice. Imagine paying for it and NEVER have any type of support.

I hope someone that knows how to, can stop by one day and help.
Alanick

Return to Plugins and scripts