L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Path handling in Torque TER exporter

Correspondence concerning plugins and scripts; development, use, bugs and ideas.

Path handling in Torque TER exporter

Postby Aaron » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

It has just come to my attention that the Torque TER export plugin doesn't handle paths very sensibly. Specifically, it assumes that the user has entered the TER file name as a fully qualified file path (or has used the browse '...' button, which does the same). If you enter a TER filename without the path, the exporter will complain.

I have now fixed the exporter such that if you give a path-less TER filename like 'test.ter', the exporter will prepend the game folder, followed by the subdirectories for terrain art, like so:

'C:\Torque\Torque 3D 2009 Pro 1.1 Beta 3\Examples\FPS Example\game\art\terrains\test.ter'

If, however, you provide a relative path like 'my own terrain folder\test.ter', then the exporter will only prepend the game folder (without the '\art\terrains\' bit), like so:

'C:\Torque\Torque 3D 2009 Pro 1.1 Beta 3\Examples\FPS Example\game\my own terrain folder\test.ter'

Furthermore, if you don't provide a file extension, '.ter' is automatically appended.

These changes will be included in L3DT v2.9 dev build 4, which will be available some time on the other side of Christmas.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Plugins and scripts