L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Python plugin support for newer versions?

Correspondence concerning plugins and scripts; development, use, bugs and ideas.

Python plugin support for newer versions?

Postby Nightmask3 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:04 am

Hello all =)

I'm currently working on a project that implements the excellent libnoise libraries to generate a heightfield bitmap using the Perlin noise algorithm. (http://libnoise.sourceforge.net/index.html)

This bitmap then needs to be imported into L3DT and rendered using the Sapphire plugin. The point of all this being procedural generation of terrain, pending the implementation of machine learning (which will take a while I'll bet :oops: )

Anyway, I've run into some difficulties using the cdPython extension. I've followed the guide to the letter, and attempted to install it using the Extension manager but the effort consistently fails with the error dialog box of "Plugin Installation Failed." and this error log:

Code: Select all
CExtDLL::LoadDLL error:
 - cannot find function 'zeoGetApiVersion' in plugin 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bundysoft\L3DT Standard 11.11\Extensions\cdPython.dll'

I'm stumped, frankly. I've come across several forum posts like this regarding the Rainmeter plugin, which were resolved quickly by Aaron uploading an updated version of the plugin.

However, cdPython was created by Carl Douglas, and he has more or less discontinued his development of the plugin itself. Meaning that it isn't really Aarons' problem anymore.
So I'm in a bit of a bind here.
Suggestions anyone?
Nightmask3

Return to Plugins and scripts