L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

3D Max plugin

Correspondence concerning plugins and scripts; development, use, bugs and ideas.

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:59 am

Hi Hinklemister,

Thanks a lot for that guide. So that it is easier to find, I've added it to the tutorial wiki at:

http://www.bundysoft.com/wiki/doku.php? ... nklemister

Please let me know if this isn't OK.

Beat regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Hinklemister » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:15 pm

That's great! Thanks for putting it on the wiki. I should have thought of that.

-Hinklemister
I'm 17 years old and make games!
Hinklemister
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:15 am

Hi All,

The OBJ plugin is now available over here. It doesn't look like OBJ supports texture data, so you'll still have to import the texture manually. Anyway, please let me know if there are any problems.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Hay all,

Sorry for not being around much of late, but been hella busy getting chit together with ATOMIX World/LeGalleria, you know. I have been doing modeling characters, and making buildings and playing with tgd2 Art allot. Also I am now one of the 3 Contest Managers on http://renderosity.com in the Monthly TGD2 Challenges each Month so have been a tad busy lately /smiles.

OK, I downloaded the obj Plugin and when I unzipped it I got a .zeo Extension? what is that? and where do I put that puppy? in Max or L3DT? sorry for being dumb, but the .zeo got me /chuckles........Oh a zeolite plugin, still where do I put that puppy? in L3DT? I know I know but it's early here and I have had only one cup of Java so far and got excited and thought I would take it for a spin, and then got confused, dumb artist I am. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

One other quicky is, where are all the other Art entries? Aaron you need to beat your people more, on them contests, ha ha lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding guys.
Anyway I take it we go until the end of this Month for this next contest? /winks...sorry for going off topic for a sec. I saw some real awesome entries last few months and hoping to see more of the same this month. You all do some dam nice digi-paintings and so I am excited about seeing what you all come up with for this last theme that was created.

DT :wink:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:59 am

Hi DT,

Welcome back. The zeo file is a plugin for L3DT. Installation instructions are in the userguide here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/docs/doku.php?id=l3dt:userguide:extensions:install#installing

As for the comp; yes, we'll go until the end of September.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:01 pm

Thanks Aaron for getting back to me.

Yup I found where it goes /smiles.... exported out a 32x32 map and took hours to get imported into Max hahahaha and VR mem iwas low and moves very slowly when trying to do anything, but it works hahahahahaha. So now I try a smaller map I guess and see what is what, but thankies very much for the .obj plugin, way cool.

I have a rain plugin as well and put that in, where and how does that work? I guess I go look for docs on it later, now have to get back to Char dev for AW, maybe later play some more.

Cool looking forward to peoples entries, last one was fun and good to see people entering /winks...

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:17 am

Hay guys,

Just a quick FYI.

I entered another contest piece for the desert/water contest, and I am telling ya'll this as I did it with the .obj plugin ya'll made /cheers to all that did that by the way.

OK, I have to suggest that unless you huge computer to keep them files sizes down. I used a 32m map and OMFG what a boondoggle that was. It took like what 5 days to work on and 99% of that was waiting for my Comp to catch up with itself. So I would make one move, or click a button and somewhere between 1-6 hours would go by before I could do it again. Good thing I have more then one comp hahahaha. So I would say make them 16m or less for Max, unless you have a huge and I mean huge mega Comp.

I also had some trouble with Pixilation on the terrain in Max (rendering the terrain) and I am not sure what was doing it, I used the right texture maps, so was not due to that, and it looked like it needed smoothing on the mesh, but when I tried to use a mesh smooth on it, it would crash every time so I gave up and posted this after some Photoshop Post work.

So I will make a new smaller one soon and see what it was that was doing the pixilation. Other then that awesome awesome awesome and thankies very much, that was really great work.

OK so where are the other entries?

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Getting back to the original request in this thread: The 3DS plugin is complete and available, and it uses a mesh optimiser to keep within the 32k triangle limit of 3DS.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby ambeerli » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:50 am

Im working in 3d animation. usually im using maya, 3d max for my work.i want 2 buy a new system.anybody can te? im working in 3d animation. usually im using maya, 3d max for my work.i want 2 buy a new system. anybody can tell me. i want studio configuration pc

Previous

Return to Plugins and scripts