L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

For Torque 3D users

Important stuff.

Postby Aaron » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:08 am

Double sent!

Please remember to reply here if you find any part of the TER import/export process confusing, or if you have any other problems with the update to L3DT.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Sarrene » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:48 am

Query, I am not sure if this is something on my end or not. I will try loading it up on another system to see tonight. However, The screen seems to continually flash or refresh at

Blank designable map
... Width: 1024
... Height: 1024
Horiz.scale: 1
Splitmap into tiles: (checked) 512
HF/DM ratio: 32

It is faint at these settings, anything higher the refresh/blinking seems to happen more often. At width/height of 2048 it increases even more. With larger "mega" style terrains the flashing is unbearable. Something on my end perhaps? Thoughts?

Peace,
Sarrene'

Edit:
Neither 2.7.0.28 Pro-Torque nor 2.7.0.24 Pro (dev) does this. I am able to run both on all systems with out having the flashing. Not sure what is causing this in the new version here. Is anyone else having or experiencing this flashing/refreshing as well?
Sarrene

Postby Aaron » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:25 am

Hi Sarrene,

Thanks for your bug report. I've not seen this behaviour in the current release, and I've not had anyone else report this problem yet. Can I ask you to send the logfile to aaron@bundysoft.com? You can get the log file from the Windows start menu under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs'.

If anyone else finds this problem with the current release, please, please report it.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Sarrene » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:49 am

Not a problem at all. Let me see what I can do. Right now im working on a test terrain to see if i can import it into the Esenthel engine. Wish me luck.

The file is on its way now to you.

Peace,
Sarrene'
Sarrene

Postby mb » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi I'd like the link please. T3D owner.
mb

Postby Aaron » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Sent!
Aaron
Site Admin

New Torque 3D exporter

Postby jimkaiser32 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:47 am

I'm a Torque 3D user...purchased from GarageGames website.

Please send me link for download.

Thanks
jimkaiser32

Postby MikeR » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 am

I too own l3dt from GG. Would love to test the beta.
MikeR

PLEASE CAN I GET THE .TER EXPORTER/IMPORTER

Postby harveyg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:43 am

Hey Aaron,

Just bought L3DT pro today. Basically want to import our .ter files, make them look better, then export them again, so I too would like the link if possible?

Cheers! :D
harveyg

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Triple sent!

In other news, I've received some private feedback on the T3D exporter in the TER plugin. As a response, the following changes are planned before final release:
  1. The 'T3D Material Manager' will gain the ability to change material names, to prevent name collisions in projects with multiple terrains.
  2. The 'materials.cs' exporter will merge the terrain's materials with the existing materials.cs file, rather than overwrite it. This is to support projects with multiple terrains.
If you can think of any other changes, or would like to comment on those above, please reply here.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Everyone,

I've you've already downloaded the developmental build and have been testing the TER export plugin, you might like to try this update to the plugin:

[link removed - update is now included in L3DT release 2.8 beta]

To install the plugin, extract it from the zip archive and copy it over the existing file at:

C:\Program files\Bundysoft\L3DT [version]\Extensions\

This update to the plugin includes the following changes:
  1. The T3D material manager window is invoked every time you export.
  2. In the T3D material manager, you can now rename materials by double-clicking on their name in the material list.
  3. When saving the 'materials.cs' file, the material exporter will now copy a backup your existing file, then merge your new materials into the the existing file. In the case of material name conflicts, you will be prompted to confirm overwriting.

Please let me know if you find any problems. In the absence of any negative feedback, this plugin update will most likely be the final version included in the next release of 'L3DT for Torque'.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby civilenginerd » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:17 pm

another t3d user here :)
civilenginerd

Postby Aaron » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Sent!
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

A most helpful and eagle-eyed user just reported via e-mail that there is an error in one of the messages displayed by the TER plugin. When you attempt to export a terrain map that has a vertical range greater than the Torque limit of 2048ft, L3DT will show you a warning asking whether it's OK to rescale the terrain to fit in the Torque limit. In that warning message, the vertical range of the current heightfield is displayed in both metres and feet, but the value in feet is incorrect. I have fixed this for the next update.

Regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Download request

Postby Shmo » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi Aaron,

I am new garage games torque user and just bought the Torque version of L3DT pro, please may I have a link to the dev build?

Many Thanks
Shmo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements