L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT release 2.8 is available!

Important stuff.

L3DT release 2.8 is available!

Postby Aaron » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that release 2.8 of L3DT is now available for download, in Standard (free), Professional and L3DT for Torque editions. For a description of the changes, with some rather pretty pictures, please see the full release announcement in the dev weblog.

As always, this is a free update for all L3DT Standard users, and for all L3DT Professional and L3DT for Torque users that purchased a license within the past 18 months. If your license is more than 18 months old, you may be interested in our current 40% discount on license renewals. Please address licensing/updating enquiries to sales@bundysoft.com.

To download the update:
  • L3DT Standard Edition is available on the downloads page.
  • L3DT Professional is available on the Pro downloads page. Please consult your reg/sales receipt e-mail for the link.
  • L3DT for Torque is available from your account page on the GarageGames site.
Feedback is, of course, most welcome. Please reply to this thread if you'd like to post comments, suggestions, questions, etc. If you find any bugs, please report them using the bug reports forum.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:53 am

Hi All,

Feedback so far suggests that release 2.8 has gone down rather well, and we have had, thus far, no new bug reports. However, when playing around with the new release, I did find a few minor issues that will be modified for the next release. They include:

T3D plugin

1. When importing T3D terrain, the L3DTio_TorqueTER plugin will in some circumstances incorrectly format the path to the 'materials.cs' file, which will consequently require the user to manually select the file. This has now been fixed.

2. The T3D plugin also did not allow users to reset the material list in the material manager window. I have now added a 'reset' button.

3. Support for normal maps has been added to the T3D export material manager.

4. To make the above change, I have modified the alpha map generator to generate layers based on unique materials, rather than unique texture files. This will result in different material names appearing in the T3D exporter material manager.

ZeoGraph

1. There was an omission in the installer of 'L3DT for Torque' that prevented the 'ZG_tee' plugin from being loaded automatically. This meant that the 'General.tee' filter was not available in ZeoGraph. This has been fixed.

2. There was also a bug in the graph saving code in the ZeoGraph window, whereby the 'save' button was always redirected to 'save as' (asking user for filename), and the window title was never updated after saving. This too has been fixed.

3. To make ZeoGraph more powerful, I have added an 'Advanced.ZeoScript ' filter that has a variable number of inputs, runs a user-supplied script, and returns a variable number of outputs. As an example of this, I have included a 'Sine generator.zgraph' file in the installer, which uses two script filters to respectively provide a custom user interface and perform a custom map calculation.

4. I have slightly extended the '.zgraph' format for the ZeoGraph files to include more information about input and output pins. This is to permit more complex types of filters, such as those with variable pin counts or polymorphic pin data types. The first such example is the new ZeoScript filter described above.

Update availability

The updated installer is L3DT v2.8 build 1, with a build date of the 30th November. This installer is available as a developmental build on the Bundysoft downloads page for L3DT Professional and L3DT for Torque. GarageGames users who have not yet requested access to developmental builds may do so by replying in this thread (I will PM the link).

These changes apply only to L3DT Professional and L3DT for Torque, and will have no substantive impact on the free L3DT Standard Edition. Hence, the L3DT SE installer has not been updated.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Announcements