L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT version 2.9 beta release

Important stuff.

L3DT version 2.9 beta release

Postby Aaron » Mon May 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

The beta release of L3DT version 2.9 is now available for download. You may access the installer by:
  • Users of the free L3DT Standard Edition may download the beta release from the downloads page.
  • Users of L3DT Professional Edition may download the beta release by following the download instructions provided in their registrations / sales receipt e-mail.
  • Users of L3DT Pro for Torque who do not already have access to the developmental builds from Bundysoft should e-mail sales@bundysoft.com to request access to the beta release.
The list of changes in version 2.9 were mentioned in my previous announcement, so to avoid tedious duplication, I shan't repeat said changes here in full. The very brief summary of the most important changes are:
  • Windows 7 graphics fixes
  • Torque T3D exporter improvements
  • Scripting speed improvements
  • Various ZeoGraph improvements, including more filters.
As usual, you do not need to uninstall any previous versions of L3DT to use this beta release. This version may be safely installed alongside any other version of L3DT you are using.

Fortunately, a goodly proportion of users have already been downloading and using the developmental builds, which means that most of the beta testing is already done. This beta release is, therefore, expected to run for about two weeks, followed by either a second beta release (if bugs are found), or the stable release of v2.9.

Please let me know if you find any problems in this beta release, or would like to suggest any changes.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby lmaceleighton » Thu May 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Hey Aaron:O)

You are one of the most developmentally bust people I know, awesome job brother! I am interested in the new feature mentioned in you post(whoops I see the link now *Sheepish* ) for T3D, and also I would like to try out the Beta:O)

Thanks again for all you hard work! I am so glad that I have continued to re-licence as time goes by!

Bobby
lmaceleighton
Contributing member

Re: L3DT version 2.9 beta release

Postby David Walters » Sun May 16, 2010 7:41 am

I have found one minor thing with this version - if you uninstall it, it leaves behind at least two files in the user directory:

C:\Users\David\L3DT\resources\Pro 2.8.0.25\Scripts\Sapphire

-- Sapphire debug.zs
-- SapphirePanoramaAVI.zs

Which prevents the 'Pro 2.8.0.25' folder from being removed.

This has apparently been a problem since at least v2.8, but I never really noticed it until now :)
David Walters
Doyen

Postby Aaron » Sun May 16, 2010 8:40 am

Hi David,

Thanks for reporting those orphaned files. I've updated the installer for the final release.

@Bobby: Thank you for your support. I'll send you the link forthwith.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby David Walters » Sun May 16, 2010 8:52 am

aaron wrote:Thanks for reporting those orphaned files. I've updated the installer for the final release.

You're welcome - the rest of this version seems it great shape to me btw :)
David Walters
Doyen

Return to Announcements