L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT release 2.4 beta #3

Important stuff.

L3DT release 2.4 beta #3

Postby Aaron » Wed May 31, 2006 3:28 pm

Hail Comrades!

I've uploaded yet-another beta-release of L3DT (v2.4 beta3). This one includes some recent improvements to the bump-mapping and texturing algorithms, plus a myriad of bug-fixes. You can read all about it in the news weblog.

Dasvidanya,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Wed May 31, 2006 3:42 pm

Heh, just downloaded, installing now.
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Wed May 31, 2006 3:54 pm

Still crashes where i need it. :(
When you view the heightmap and export active map and select mosiac and RAW, it dies.
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Wed May 31, 2006 5:00 pm

Sorry dEaThMaStEr,

I guess I missed that one. I've uploaded a new installer with the fix.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Wed May 31, 2006 5:39 pm

Haha, awesome. That just saved me a good hour or 2 of work! :D

Oh, one thing I just noticed, nothing big, but a small difference: In the mosiac map naming, the X's start at 0, but Y is now starting at 1. Was that change intentional?
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Wed May 31, 2006 5:47 pm

Hay all,

Downloading software now, I gues with at least on e bug fix so far judging by the posts.
Still crashes where i need it. Sad
When you view the heightmap and export active map and select mosiac and RAW, it dies.

course Aaron did a fix and me getting it now..

One questian Aaron.
I am on complete disability and get paid once a month. My quesain is this, Do I plunk the $25.00 down this next week? or at the beginning of next month. I will go pay in the next few days at paypal if I can do it now. Otherwise all my bills take my doe-ray-me after the first week and I am broke again to the beginning of next month. So I am ready to pay tomorrow on the first if I may before the final releaase? I trust you to make it all right ROTFL.............I'll be so happy after I am rich and don't live hoof and paw all the time any more.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Joshua » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:03 am

Congratulations, Aaron! :smile:
Downloading now.
Joshua
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:38 am

Hi Maylock,

DeathTwister wrote:My question is this, Do I plunk the $25.00 down this next week? or at the beginning of next month. I will go pay in the next few days at paypal if I can do it now. Otherwise all my bills take my doe-ray-me after the first week and I am broke again to the beginning of next month. So I am ready to pay tomorrow on the first if I may before the final release?

According to my logs, your current key will be good until the middle of December, so there's no hurry if it's going to cause you hardship. On the other hand, if you're happy to pay now you can have the distinction of being my first customer (linky here). I was going go to 'go-live' with the payment system with the final v2.4, but I suppose there's no harm in beta-testing this too (I will refund immediately if anything goes wrong).

DeathTwister wrote:I'll be so happy after I am rich and don't live hoof and paw all the time any more.

Hear, hear. I'll second that.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:39 am

Hi dEaThMaStEr,

dEaThMaStEr wrote:In the mosaic map naming, the X's start at 0, but Y is now starting at 1. Was that change intentional?

No, not intentional. Hmmm...I can't reproduce this here. Does this occur for all maps, or is it just RAW heightfields?

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:57 pm

Hay Aaron,

Aaron Wrote:
According to my logs, your current key will be good until the middle of December, so there's no hurry if it's going to cause you hardship. On the other hand, if you're happy to pay now you can have the distinction of being my first customer (linky here). I was going go to 'go-live' with the payment system with the final v2.4, but I suppose there's no harm in beta-testing this too (I will refund immediately if anything goes wrong).

Wooo Hooo KK, I will pay bills first, then and go get this puppy I am thinking by the end of the weekend or there abouts.

You have done one hell of a good job so far with this program Aaron and I for one am very very impressed with your skills on every level.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Joshua » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:10 pm

Same here. As soon as we get clearance from our company we'll make a PayPal account and pickup a license as well (This shouldn't take longer than a week). The amount isn't much but hey, it's a "tax thing." :wink:
Joshua
Luminary

Postby monks » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:05 pm

Excellent! I've just downloaded it- will no doubt pick up a license in the coming week,

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:06 pm

aaron wrote:No, not intentional. Hmmm...I can't reproduce this here. Does this occur for all maps, or is it just RAW heightfields?

Cheers,
Aaron.

Well, just tried again and it worked normally. That was odd. *shrug* Hopefully now my map will work right. Last time I tried, all the heightfield mosaics were mis-alligned with the texture ones. Lets see how things go this time..
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:26 pm

Hay all,

Ok what I thought was a bug may not be, but Im in need to be able to read again the docs on the release, and as far as I can see it has disapiered on me, the link shows nothing in the dir at all for me anyway. something about the dir needing a re-Point? ack....... :?

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:35 pm

Hello,

I've uploaded another build of beta3 (v2.4.0.9), which has a few fixes for minor problems in the activation system. Also, the progress box is now hidden/shown when you minimise/maximise the main window. Nothing major.

DeathTwister wrote:Ok what I thought was a bug may not be, but Im in need to be able to read again the docs on the release, and as far as I can see it has disapiered on me, the link shows nothing in the dir at all for me anyway.

Thanks DT. This was a caching problem in the wiki/blog system, which should be fixed now. The direct link was here, by the way.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcements