L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Site upgrade status

Important stuff.

Site upgrade status

Postby Aaron » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:41 am

Hi Everyone,

The Bundysoft forum, wiki, weblog and documentation sites have all been upgraded to their respective latest versions.

The Coppermine photo gallery is still off-line, pending changes to use the new forum's user database.

The style / templates for these sites are more or less the defaults, and I expect it will be a few days before these can be returned to a design consistent with one another and the rest of the site.

If you find any other problems with the site, please reply to this forum thread, or directly to aaron@bundysoft.com if you are unable to use the forum for whatever reason.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Site upgrade status

Postby Aaron » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:08 am

Hi All,

The forum upgrade seems to have dropped everyone's avatar images. Once I fix some more pressing problems I may come back to this, but in the mean time I'd suggest users re-select their avatars.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Q-dad » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Testing...

EDIT: It seems like you've fixed the avatars, but is the signature not supposed to show up anymore when posting...? I've checked, and both the attach and display values for my signature have been set to Yes.

[Edit: I added your signature by selecting the 'Attach signature' checkbox in the 'edit post' page - A.T.]
TXP (Terrain Xpansion Pack) for DF2: txp.df2.org

Q-dad
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi Q-dad,

I manually fixed up a number of well-known avatars, but in general they're gone. I do not think I can now re-sync the new forum database with the old to grab the avatars, as this would probably drop new users and recent posts. Alas.

I'm not sure about the signatures.The new forum has different rules about signatures (i.e. character length (255), number of links (3), etc.). Maybe you could try to edit your signature and hit 'submit' to see if the editor complains about its contents.

I'll test the signature now...
Signatures work!
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Announcements