Important stuff.

Postby Aaron » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:08 pm

Hi Mauro,

mauronen wrote:
Code: Select all
CMapGroup::SaveFileMap3 error
- file format 'DMF (L3DT)' is not supported for this map

Infact xxxx.DM file doesen't exists.

Can you check that the 'L3DTio_DMF' plugin is enabled in the extension manager ('utilities->extension manager...'). If it is disabled, DMF files can't be loaded or saved. I can't explain why it would be disabled in a fresh install though. I'll look into this.

Edit: I just thought of something. Did you install build 15 over another installation of L3DT (i.e. in the same directory as another version)? This will cause problems. If so, go to the '[L3DT path]\Settings' folder and delete 'formats.ini.xml'.

mauronen wrote:When i try to launch L3DTVi2 and load .mgf file, it freezes and start to eat all RAM, then i must to stop it through Task Manager.

Can you verify that the heightfield is saved as HFF in 16-bit (USHORT) mode? L3DTVi2 crashes if it is not.

mauronen wrote:I've tried to split all into mosaic, but...nothing.

Do you mean split to mosaic doesn't work, or that L3DTVi2 crashes anyway?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:29 am

Hi Ch3rokee,

I've tentitively uploaded build 16. It fixes the bug with the attributes map option in the calc wizard, and also removes duplicate wizard panes correctly.

Ch3rokee wrote:Also, while going back and forth L3DT crashed.

Ick! Can you tell me which panes you are going to/from? Is it reproduceable?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Ch3rokee » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:52 am

It always crashes when you are in the water flooding and click back or in the water-table modelling panel and click next. But only after you have passed every panel a few times, and yes, I have reproduced it a lot of times in build 16.
Ch3rokee
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:07 am

Hi Cherokee,

Thanks a bunch. I'll see what I can do with this.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Ch3rokee » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:01 pm

Ch3rokee wrote:It always crashes when you are in the water flooding and click back or in the water-table modelling panel and click next. But only after you have passed every panel a few times, and yes, I have reproduced it a lot of times in build 16.

As an update to this, I have downloaded the build 17 and apart from the crashed in the above noted panels, I have also experienced crashes in the normals mapping panel, clicking in both back and next.
This isn't a big problem by itself, because you have to look for the crash to get it, but I thought I'd report it just in case there is a leak or something like that, that can affect the stability in a long session.
Ch3rokee
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:27 pm

Hi Ch3rokee,

Yeah, that's what I feared. This may well be a bug in the whole wizard system per se, rather than in a specific pane or panes. I'll have a look into this over the next few days. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Ch3rokee » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:02 pm

No problem Aaron. If you need anything just say it 8) .
Ch3rokee
Contributing member

Postby Shealladh » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:57 pm

I look forward to the new release and it WILL definately help out on my project.

Not long to go 8)
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Previous

Return to Announcements