L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT release 16.05 is available!

Important stuff.

L3DT release 16.05 is available!

Postby Aaron » Thu May 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

L3DT v16.05 is now available. It's mostly a couple of bug-fixes, but also includes a 64 bit build of L3DT Pro, and a nifty new way of flattening the edges of maps and/or making islands. For a little more info (with pics), please see the full release announcement. Please reply to this thread to post any feedback or bug reports, or else mail aaron@bundysoft.com.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: L3DT release 16.05 is available!

Postby David Walters » Tue May 10, 2016 7:57 am

Congrats on the latest release Aaron!

The 'Edge levelling' tool looks great.

btw. the link to the user guide at the bottom of the release announcement post is broken.

edit: Found a couple of minor bug/things when making a test map in 16.05 dev 2 (x64).

I created a test map using mostly default parameters and calculated DM > HF > Water (flood sea and lakes enabled). Then computed AM with 8x high resolution and at this point it asked me to save the map. Which I did and very shortly afterwards I got a warning popup:

Code: Select all
 CMosaicMap::CloseTile warning
 - tile was already saved

AM seems fine. I then saved, quit and immediately restarted upon which I was greeted with

CL3DTApp::InitLogFile error:

Cannot Create the log file at 'C:\Users\David\L3DT\logs\Pro 16.05.0.2
x64\log.txt'.

L3DT will now exit.

Perhaps I was too quick in restarting L3DT because I stopped to type this then tried again and it worked.

Loading the map back in and recalculating the AM seems to work without giving the CloseTile warning.
Last edited by David Walters on Tue May 10, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Walters
Doyen

Postby Aaron » Tue May 10, 2016 8:46 am

Thanks David! Link fixed.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby David Walters » Tue May 10, 2016 8:49 am

Aaron wrote:Thanks David! Link fixed.

Great, thanks for your fast repair!

btw - I edited the post above with a bug report.
David Walters
Doyen

Postby Aaron » Fri May 13, 2016 11:59 am

Hi David,

Thanks for the bug report.

David Walters wrote:Then computed AM with 8x high resolution and at this point it asked me to save the map. Which I did and very shortly afterwards I got a warning popup:

CMosaicMap::CloseTile warning
 - tile was already saved

AM seems fine.

Hmmm, I've seen this once or twice too, but I've not yet been able to reliably reproduce it yet. At face value, the error should cause no data loss, but I'm still mildly concerned if there's any error condition in the mosaic map class. I'll add some more logging to see if I can track it down.

David Walters wrote: I then saved, quit and immediately restarted upon which I was greeted with

CL3DTApp::InitLogFile error:

Cannot Create the log file at 'C:\Users\David\L3DT\logs\Pro 16.05.0.2
x64\log.txt'.

L3DT will now exit.

Perhaps I was too quick in restarting L3DT because I stopped to type this then tried again and it worked.

Yes, this is two sessions of L3DT trying to write to the same log file. I should make L3DT abort startup when it detects the same executable is running, rather than throw this error. I'll pop that on the to-do list.

Thanks again for the bug reports.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Announcements