L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT release 2.3c

Important stuff.

L3DT release 2.3c

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:53 am

Hi All,

I've uploaded release 2.3c a few days ahead of schedule. The official news release is here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/news/2006.php#L3DT2.3c

Feedback welcome!

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Hinklemister » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:16 pm

Yay! 2.3c! I can't wait to try it but I have to. Here at school they have blocked priveledges to the registry so the professional edition doesn't work. :( But anyway, I can't wait to try it out.

-Hinklemister
I'm 17 years old and make games!
Hinklemister
Contributing member

Postby demi » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:51 pm

Super and no error on startup.

I noticed that you list this release as no comercial. Wondering if maybe the column is backwards. It is not really an issue since I am waiting until later this year to proceed.

Demi
demi
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:19 am

Hello,

demi wrote:Super and no error on startup.

Phew! I think most of the nasty bugs in the activation module have been worked-out now, but I expect to issue a few updates over the coming weeks to fix the odd system-dependent bug that might arise (I’ve already done one update this morning!).

demi wrote:I noticed that you list this release as non-commercial. Wondering if maybe the column is backwards. It is not really an issue since I am waiting until later this year to proceed.

Well spotted. I got a little ahead of myself there - at the moment that should read 'yes' to commercial use for all versions. All currently extant evaluation keys can be used for commercial uses until they expire in January next year. However, when the full Pro version is ready for sale, any evaluation key issued after that time will be for 60-days only, and will not permit commercial use (you’ll have to buy Pro then). The ‘standard’ edition will always be free for commercial use - albeit restricted, since it doesn't have some of the cool stuff.

Oh, I should probably warn users not to go playing around with their system date settings too much. Setting the date forward will burn-up days on your keys that you won’t get back if you rewind the date again. In fact, setting the date backwards will generally cause L3DT to get stroppy.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:07 am

Hello again,

If anyone is wondering what all the kafuffle is about with high-res light-mapping in release 2.3c, I've uploaded some comparison images here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/algorithms/algorithms_LM.php#hires

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:28 am

Hello,

You know what they say; update early, update often!

I've issued a minor update to L3DT Professional that improves the stability of the activation-code module, and also fixes a minor bug in the high-res light-mapping unit that threw two inconsequential error messages when making a mosaic light map.

If you are affected by these bugs, please update now. Otherwise, you probably need not bother.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:56 pm

Yikes!- you sure work fast.
Great work pal- I'll check it out as soon as.

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:25 pm

Btw, I'm planning to reformat soon. Will everything still be ok for me to continue using Pro as I have been or will there possibly be some issues, such as time lost with the key?
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:50 pm

dEaThMaStEr wrote:Btw, I'm planning to reformat soon. Will everything still be ok for me to continue using Pro as I have been or will there possibly be some issues, such as time lost with the key?

Should be OK. You won't lose any time on the key.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Announcements