L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT Professional Release 2.5

Important stuff.

L3DT Professional Release 2.5

Postby Aaron » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi All,

I'm proud to announce the release of L3DT Professional version 2.5. The full and rambling release announcement is up on the dev weblog, which explains all the goodies in the new release, licensing changes, what's coming next, and anything else that seemed relevant. Some important changes are noted below:

L3DT for Torque

L3DT for Torque is ready! Ben Garney has done a marvellous job of building the Atlas export plugin, which is now included the L3DT for Torque installer that is available for purchase from GarageGames.

The version of L3DT Professional available here, from Bundysoft, does not include this Atlas plugin by default. However, current and future customers may download and install it from the L3DT Professional downloads page (consult your sales/reg e-mail for the link).

Please note also that the Atlas plugin is considered to be in beta-release due to the lack of blended texture support and one unresolved bug when exporting very noisy heightfields (see plugin page for more info). The plugin should however work as advertised on 'normal' unique-textured maps.

Heightfield editor

A very late inclusion in L3DT Professional v2.5 is a 3D heightfield editor. The brushes and controls are still somewhat rudimentary, and following user feedback these will be revised/extended/polished in the following release (v2.5a). Users of the free L3DT Standard Edition may also wish to download the latest installer, which has been updated to include these new toys.

New price-tag

Finally, as was mentioned previously, the price of L3DT Pro is now:Thanks

I’d like to thank everyone for their patience, Tim Aste, Ben Garney, Ken Holst, and everyone else at GarageGames for all their hard work, anyone who submitted a bug report during the development of v2.5 for helping me make L3DT better, and every single L3DT Pro user who has supported this work by purchasing a licence.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby JavaJones » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:54 pm

Congrats on a momentous release Aaron! I'm pleased to see the Garage Games cooperation has worked out nicely. :)

- Oshyan
Visit Outland - Off the beaten path...
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby michaelbolland » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:02 am

Wonderful news! How do we 2.4 pro users update to this latest version?

Thanks

Mike
michaelbolland

Postby Aaron » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:43 am

Hi Michael,

All current users can upgrade by downloading the latest installer from the restricted downloads page, the URL of which may be found in your registration/purchase receipt e-mail. If you can't find the e-mail please let me know and I will re-send it.

That reminds me; I must put a 'check for updates' option into the next release.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby michaelbolland » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:49 am

Hi Aaron, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the fast response I'll grab it now :-)

Mike
michaelbolland

Postby Dreamora » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:31 pm

Great release :-)
Dreamora

Postby dennis » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:00 am

Aaron, 2.5 is great. Also really like the new viewer plugin.
dennis
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:28 pm

Waves at everyone,

I may be getting into this a bit late, meaning I think I have the latest build hahaha already, with the Atlas plugin feature already there and looks likes most the other cool features I am just now getting into.

And I am sure that GG will and you get the bugs out like you always have Aaron. 3 /cheers for brother Aaron, and yes like Oshyan and the rest I am very happy that GG and you guys are working well together. /smiles... haha I knew you all would /winks.

The viewer plugin is awesome, and know it is being worked on ongoing. A request maybe or 2 would be, it would be cool if you could have the viewer screen inside Aarons app interface (instead of a seperate window) so we could see where we were both on the grids from design to texture and see the 3d viewer at the same time to actually see what we are editing or what needed changing, like open gel in 3D max as an example or lightwaves modeler window? AlsoI know it is beta, but I really liked the FOV and being able to mess with the fog, color, and really nice feature, like the old version but add the turn it off button as well. /smiles. when you all get to it please.

I tried to make a 128X128 map the other day, (by the way I wish I had as many squares in a 10m map to play with, as I do in the 128m map) and it crashed real bad trying to generate a HF with so many errors I couldn't keep up, and when it did it crashed/went to my desktop Bam!!!!

REQUEST FEATURE HERE: error log that automatically generates in the base bundysoft root folder so we can send them to you. Right now there is no way for me to get that error log to you other then a screen shot which does not show all of the errors at least not that I can see or can find. I may still have that file if you want to look at it Aaron I can post it, I think, I'll have to check.

So this non-programmer artist would like to get you the strait poop to you and not some garbled non-programmer indiot artist like me talking stuff he knows nothing about to share the bug, and it looks like to me to be able to attach the error log would be the fastest and easiest/best way to do things. Or is there a way to do that, that I don't know about? Whew that was long winded, sorry bout that.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:54 am

Hi DeathTwister,

You can get to the error log from the Windows start menu, under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT Professional 2.5->L3DT log file'. The file is not written in the Bundysoft directory because Windows Vista does not allow session data to be written into the 'Program files' directory or subdirectories thereof.

Also, you can edit the fog colour or turn fog on/off using the 'Extensions->Sapphire->Edit settings' menu option. You can't yet change the setting whilst the renderer is running, but it's on the to-do list.

I'll have a thinker about putting the renderer in the main window. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:27 pm

Hya there,

You can get to the error log from the Windows start menu, under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT Professional 2.5->L3DT log file'. The file is not written in the Bundysoft directory because Windows Vista does not allow session data to be written into the 'Program files' directory or subdirectories thereof.

Ah, I C thanks boss, good to know, I was thinking that itdidn't seem right /smiles and I was right, KK you the man Aaron.
Also, you can edit the fog colour or turn fog on/off using the 'Extensions->Sapphire->Edit settings' menu option. You can't yet change the setting whilst the renderer is running, but it's on the to-do list.

Doh I feel flat out stupid on that one, I should have seen that hahahaha.

I'll have a thinker about putting the renderer in the main window. Thanks for the suggestion.

KEWL, that would be sweet. KK off to other hings today.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Sun May 06, 2007 8:41 am

Aaron, would I have to pay for this latest release- I'm previously regged but I'm not sure...?

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Sun May 06, 2007 9:39 am

Hi Monks,

You don't have to pay again to download the new version. Each license comes with 18 months worth of free upgrades, which for you expires mid-July next year.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Sun May 06, 2007 10:49 am

Great! -dloading now :)

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Sun May 06, 2007 3:26 pm

/cheers to see brother Monks again kicking around....Big /hugs to ya brother, good to see ya come to the serface and say hi /smiles.
DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Mon May 07, 2007 10:05 am

Hey DT :D :D

monks
monks
Oracle

Next

Return to Announcements