L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT 2.5b Release Candidate

Important stuff.

L3DT 2.5b Release Candidate

Postby Aaron » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

We’re nearly there! The Release Candidate of L3DT 2.5b is now available in both the Standard and Professional editions. The major feature list still stands pretty much as it did in my progress report from late June, with the only significant additions being the bulldozer tool in Sapphire (for making roads, cuttings, dam walls, etc), and the automatic metal-patch placement in the Spring plugin.

The current plan is to release L3DT 2.5b on or around the 5th of September. If fortune smiles on our endeavours, I’ll be spending the intervening time on updating the documentation to reflect the various changes since release 2.5a. If the fates are not so friendly, and uncover a show-stopping bug in this release candidate, I will of course have to fix the bug, issue an updated release candidate, and start another two-week vigil.

Anyhoo, If you have a moment to spare, please give this release candidate a run. As far as I’m concerned, it is stable and ready for general use. However, I must add this disclaimer: the release candidate has not been tested on your computer, and may not have been tested using your particular work-flow. Hence, I can’t promise you won’t find a bug. What I can promise is that, should you find a bug, I’ll try to fix it right away.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby metalliandy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:17 pm

Nice work :)

I will Download and test the build as soon as i get to my workstation.
metalliandy
Doyen

Postby mauronen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:07 pm

Hi Aaron.
I’ll be spending the intervening time on updating the documentation to reflect the various changes since release 2.5a

Don't shoot on me :D , but what do you think to include offline documentation? For some of us (me in first position 8) ) sometimes is hard to read online documentation.
Last edited by mauronen on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mauronen
Doyen

where can I find the download?

Postby cfree68 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi Aaron,

I'm currently working on a game in Torque and am hoping this release might helps with some issues I'm having in Atlas. I can't find the release candidate download anywhere.

Is there a link?

Colin
Colin
cfree68

Postby Q-dad » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:37 pm

Sounds great! I've been somewhat off-line lately, but I'll soon be back following the DF2 related thread which I abandoned a few months back, due to real life and holiday reasons... Keep up the great work, Aaron! It's still amazing to see how dedicated you are towards this community...!
TXP (Terrain Xpansion Pack) for DF2: txp.df2.org

Q-dad
Luminary

Re: where can I find the download?

Postby metalliandy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:12 pm

cfree68 wrote:Hi Aaron,

I'm currently working on a game in Torque and am hoping this release might helps with some issues I'm having in Atlas. I can't find the release candidate download anywhere.

Is there a link?

Colin

The link will be on your purchase email that you got when you bought L3DT, Under Developmental builds.
Hope that helps :)
metalliandy
Doyen

Postby Aaron » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:41 am

Hi Mauro,

mauronen wrote:Don't shoot on me :D , but what do you think to include offline documentation?

Thanks for the reminder. I'll include some more offline documentation - in particular some PDFs of the most useful pages (e.g. Sapphire controls page), with links to the files in the appropriate help menus. However, at this point I'm not convinced it's a good idea to include the whole userguide, since at last check (your HTML'd version) it was ~300 A4-sized pages, and that doesn't include all the new plugin documentation, new wiki tutorials, etc. All the links needed to be changed too; they were pointing at the on-line version rather than the internal sections in the off-line document, which made navigation impossible. Anyhoo, I'll make a start on the PDFs and we'll go from there.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

thanks

Postby cfree68 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:31 pm

The link will be on your purchase email that you got when you bought L3DT, Under Developmental builds.
Hope that helps

Thanks, but I bought two copies from GarageGames and I can't find the link to the Developmental builds in any of their emails, or on my purchased page on their site.

Where would I find the Developmental builds link if I purchased L3dt from Garage Games?

Colin
Colin
cfree68

Re: thanks

Postby Aaron » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:17 am

Hi Colin,

Sorry for the slow reply. I'll PM you the dev build download instructions.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby kendo353 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:27 pm

can you add me too, please, Aaron ?

I'm in the same situation as cfree86.
my 'purchase page' link says that there was an 'error in transaction'.
(although my card was debited and i was allowed to download everything).
weird.
kendo353

thanks a ton Aaron

Postby cfree68 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:03 am

Much appreciated. I'll check it out and see if it fixes my issues.

Thanks again,

C
Colin
cfree68

Return to Announcements