If you'd like to paint roads or otherwise modify the L3DT-generated textures, this one's for you:
I've added a texture map brush to the latest developmental build* of L3DT Standard and Professional (see downloads page). This brush works in both the 2D or 3D map views. The menu options in L3DT are:
- 3D editor - 'Operations->Texture map->Edit in 3D'.
- 2D editor - 'Mouse tools->TX brush tool'.
- 3D editor - 'Operations->Attributes map->Edit in 3D'.
- 2D editor - 'Mouse tools->AM brush tool'.
- The editor is usually faster when used with the 2D view than the 3D view.
- The attributes map brush is generally faster than the texture map brush.
- The 'sample' button works like an eyedropper tool.
- The '<auto calc>' land type works a little bit like a magic eraser.
- This brush currently supports 'spray-can' and 'solid' patterns.
* That's L3DT release 2.5d build 0, dated 28th of March 2008.