L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

New Torque TER plugin

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Postby FormidableInc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:38 pm

small bug: the exported textures are not in ../terrains but are exported in the mission directory, in a sub directory data/terrains

:)
El Manu
FormidableInc

Postby Aaron » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi FormidableInc,

Oops, sorry about that. The fixed plugin is available here:

[link deleted: plugin is now available in L3DT Pro dev build installer]

Thanks very muchly for testing the plugin and reporting faults; your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi Guys,

I've updated the installer for the L3DT Pro developmental build* to include this updated TER plugin, and it's on the Pro downloads page now. This means users wishing to use the latest TER plugin now do not need to separately download and install it.

Cheerio,
Aaron.

* v2.7.0.27, 3rd of September 2009.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby FormidableInc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

FormidableInc wrote:small bug: the exported textures are not in ../terrains but are exported in the mission directory, in a sub directory data/terrains

:)

Hum ups sorry but there's still a pb :) it's ok, the textures are in the good sub directory, but it seems that the .ter files still looks for the sub directory data/terrains IN the mission folders. if this one misses, the terrain appears in grey
Manu
El Manu
FormidableInc

Postby Aaron » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:24 am

Hi FormidableInc,

I apologise for that fault. I've included an updated plugin in the new dev build of L3DT Pro* which should fix this fault with the TGE exporter. T've checked the output against the contents of the TGE Stronghold TER file, and the path handling now appears identical. Of course, it won't work if the user sets the incorrect game folder, but I don't think I can do much about that.

Anyway, if you still find erroneous behaviour, please send the L3DT logfile to aaron@bundysoft.com. The logfile is called 'log.txt', and you can get to it from the Windows start menu under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs'.

Thanks again for your help in debugging this plugin.

Best regards,
Aaron.

* That's v2.7 build 29, on the Pro downloads page now.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:37 am

Hi FormidableInc,

I apologise in advance for the harassment: Have you had a chance to try the TGE export from the updated plugin?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

The latest installer of L3DT Pro (v3.7 build 33) includes an update of the L3DTio_TorqueTER plugin that now properly supports import and export of TGE, TGEA and T3D terrain files.

The only 'gotcha' is that you must correctly set the path to your projects game folder in the exporter window, and failure to do so will result in incorrect texture paths in the TER files. The userguide for the exporter explains how to set this path correctly for each engine.

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General discussion