L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

The New Beta of L3DT

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

The New Beta of L3DT

Postby lmaceleighton » Mon May 17, 2010 6:09 pm

So right after I installed the new beta I immediately went and looked at the new exporter for T3D, and I notices something for MegaTerrains v7 !!! I'm thinking this must be the secret that the people at Torque have been tying to keep under wraps? I'm really hoping they bring mega Terrain back, as i was think of a small MMO, and I would like to use T3D as the rendering engine for that, and not what Multiverse has in place.
lmaceleighton
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi Bobby,

I haven't been corresponding with the T3D developers any time recently, nor following any rumours, so it would only be a lucky coincidence if their secret happened to be the same tiled TER support in T3D.

The tiled terrain exporter for T3D was both requested and announced in the comments of this forum thread. The tiled exporter produces seamless sets of TER files, but does not write the mission file required to load the multiple terrain instances. It is, as stated by the menu option and numerous pop-up warnings, only beta testing code, and should not be relied upon to work as expected.

Best regards,
Aaron.

* seamless in terms of geometry, but there are seams in the texture due to T3Ds texture wrapping mode.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to General discussion