L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

exporting or using atlas for TGEA

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

exporting or using atlas for TGEA

Postby nod114 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:19 am

hello all
I am gonna be buying L3DT soon but i just have a question on exporting the maps that are created in L3DT. Is it very simple to export the terrain or dose it take time to figure out how ? :D
and also is saphire just another form of texturing software like gimp ?
nod114
Contributing member

Postby David Walters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Exporting is super easy, you just right-click on the map and choose export, or alternatively there's a button on the toolbar for it and I think you can do it from the menus. You can export the various maps to a large number of file formats, presumably supported by your terrain engine of choice.

Sapphire is the in-built 3d renderer that'll let you walk around your terrain and get a better idea of the shape of things, etc. You can also use it to sculpt the ground using a variety of tools. It's not really like gimp but you can paint the ground with it. Again it's very simple to use.

Have you tried the standard version? you can do all this and try it out yourself to see if you can handle it.
David Walters
Doyen

Postby Aaron » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi nod114,

You can test the TGEA Atlas exporter before you purchase a license by registering for a trial of L3DT Professional (link here). The tutorial for creating terrain for TGEA and exporting Atlas files is on-line here.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby nod114 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:41 pm

ok thnx aaron and david for the help and ill try the trial later today
thnx again
nod114
Contributing member

Return to General discussion