L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

More website news

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

More website news

Postby Aaron » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:07 am

Hello all,

I've hacked and slashed into Coppermine and DocuWiki to give them the same style and navigation menu as the rest of the website. This should make it a bit easier to get to and from the users’ gallery and wiki, and also hopefully give the whole place a more integrated and professional feeling. I’m still working on doing the same for the forums, but alas the template system in phpBB seems to be much more complex than for the other systems, so this will take a bit longer.

In other website news, I’ve signed up for Google AdSense to see what all the hype is about. There are now a couple of text-only ads sprinkled throughout the site, and so far it’s been rather amusing to see what sorts of advertisements are deemed appropriate for some of those pages. If you want to buy a second-hand scanning electron microscope from e-bay, have a look at the ads on my ‘Who am I’ page. Sometimes they even offer chart recorders for Thermo Electron instruments (I already have one, thanks). The ads for the ‘community’ page were better still: “Christian community”, “bible society”, etc, etc. I pulled those ones down; since I wasn’t sure it was appropriate for a terrain generation program to be preaching about systems of religious belief. Anyhow, unless some unexpected river of gold springs forth from those ads, I’ll be pulling them down in a month or two. I hope no-one is offended by my experiment in the mean-time.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: More website news

Postby Aaron » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:59 am

aaron wrote:Hello all,
I’m still working on doing the same for the forums, but alas the template system in phpBB seems to be much more complex than for the other systems, so this will take a bit longer.

Nope, it wasn't too hard after all.

Have a good weekend!
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Hinklemister » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:23 pm

It looks good Aaron. Definitly easier to go between parts of the site now.
I'm 17 years old and make games!
Hinklemister
Contributing member

Return to General discussion