L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Gallery upload fixed

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Gallery upload fixed

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:05 am

Hi Everyone,

I've fixed a problem with the gallery that prevent users from uploading their own pics (I had messed up a cookie path). You can now create your own private albums and upload pics there, or if you think the pics are particularly nice (and you want to show-off) you can upload them directly to the showcase albums.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:40 am

Hello again,

It seems that the gallery upload (and login) is still rather screwy for some users. Since it's not affecting all users, it makes one think it is a client-side error rather than a server-side error (ie. a cookie problem, or somesuch). Consulting the Coppermine Photo Gallery FAQ:

I can't login to Coppermine. What's wrong?

This is most likely a cookie issue:

* If you're running Internet Explorer 6, you'll have to enable the acceptance of cookies. Click on "Tools" - "Internet Options" - "Privacy" and add your site to the list of sites that are trusted, or set the slider to a lower level.
* Sometimes IE will not handle Cookies properly. Close your browser, try deleting all local cookies manually and start your browser again.
* Check if you're running a software that interferes with acceptance of cookies like personal firewalls (ZoneAlarm, Tiny, Cookie Washer etc.) and turn them off to see if cookies are accepted then.
* Try using another browser (like Opera, which is rather small to download and can be removed easily). It's a generally a good idea to have some different browsers on your local machine to check if your site is displayed correctly not only in your favourite browser.

If none of this works, I'll continue my PHP-hacking to get the bugger working.

Once again, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, and I thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Q-dad » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:59 am

Just to report that the problem still exists for me, both when using Firefox and IE...
Q-dad
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:26 am

Hi All,

Any luck now? I've just upgraded the gallery script to a newer version, and I notice that the changelog includes some modifications to the forum-integration stuff. Hopefully that's it.

(The visual theme is wonky again, and will be fixed shortly)

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Q-dad » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:25 pm

Yup, it's working now... Thx! :)
Q-dad
Luminary

got it

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:39 pm

Woot yaya,

Yup it done got fixed WOOO HOOOOOOOOoooooo..... Thankies Aaron so much. Ju da Ogre da Bomb.... /chuckles. I done uploaded dem puppies and we iz good, hahahahahahaha:lol: :wink:

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to General discussion