L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Water map

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Water map

Postby SeerBlue » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:55 pm

Hey all, just a question really, the water map is not an image file is it, on my comp it comes up with an irfan view icon as a irfanview .wmf (?) image file, but the header is not able to be read. I ask because I actually had a dream (during the 30 minutes my daughter let me sleep, she is getting 4 molars at once) that I used the channel masks that Saga gis generates(bmp,jpg,png) during terrain analysis of a heightfield as water masks in L3DT and had rivers and streams in my texture. So of course when I woke up it was the first thing I checked out. Like most things I think of it was no go. I read the description of the file format in the docs, but it is latin to me. SeerBlue
Check Out Me-DEM
SeerBlue
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:09 pm

Oops, I had meant to reply to this earlier.

The water map file is not an image, but it shares the file-extension with Windows Meta Files. I haven't documented the format specs because it's messy, and no-one has asked.

Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby SeerBlue » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:17 pm

Hey Aaron, thanks for the answer, I am not asking for the file format documentation, it would be sanskrit to me, your simple answer was enough. Well within my ability to comprehend :D . I was just curious about it is all.
SeerBlue
Check Out Me-DEM
SeerBlue
Luminary

Return to General discussion