L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

In the garage.

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

In the garage.

Postby jydog » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:08 am

Saw the mention at Garagegames you are official with them now. Good job.

Plan on using L3DT and TAT to do some interesting things with machinima and games.

Look forward to seeing what will be added to L3DT for TAT. You can look forward to lots of dumb questions from me.

Aaron, what's your GG name?

-------
Randy
jydog

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:30 pm

Very KEWL your into machinima,

I have been waiting to GG or machinima to be able to work inside TGE or TSE. I went to there website and as of say 6 months ago they had no way to work with GG. Has that changed by chance? if so, have any links to shoot us? I would love to update all that stuff if there is? /smiles

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby jydog » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:17 pm

Just plans right now, no skills yet. Will have to learn as I go.
jydog

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:44 am

Yep yep,

Me as well /winks.........

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:56 am

Hi Jydog,

jydog wrote:Saw the mention at Garagegames you are official with them now. Good job.

Thanks a lot. For those TSE/TorqueAT users that missed the news, Tim Aste (the 3rd Party Development Manager at GG) announced that L3DT Pro will be distributed through GarageGames.com (see post here). The exact timeline depends on a few factors such as plugin completion, marketing stuff, and so-on, but I think "soon" is a pretty good guess.

jydog wrote:Look forward to seeing what will be added to L3DT for TAT.

Initially it will just be a plugin to export maps as Atlas files. At the least this will work for the heightfield and the texture. Depending on how carried away Ben gets when writing the plugin, this could also include the normals map, the light map, the attributes map and the alpha maps. Once the plugin is going, I will add an 'Export to Atlas' option the menu, to bundle together all the map exports.

jydog wrote:Aaron, what's your GG name?

"Aaron Torpy" (I am oh so creative sometimes!)

jydog wrote:Plan on using L3DT and TAT to do some interesting things with machinima and games.

Awesome. I can't wait to see some screenshots ;)

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby jydog » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:04 pm

"Aaron Torpy" (I am oh so creative sometimes!)

Thats good. Some people will need to be found, ( like "Aaron Torpy" ). Good way to be found. With some of us, the world will get along just fine not being able to find us. :wink:

--------
Randy
jydog

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:40 pm

Hay guys,

guess I'll take it as it comes here.....

jydog Wrote:
Thats good. Some people will need to be found, ( like "Aaron Torpy" ). Good way to be found. With some of us, the world will get along just fine not being able to find us. Wink

I know what you mean, my real life first name is Maylock, but over the years I have become known DeathTwister for bad and good it seems ROTFL, if nothing else I can be very controversial at times hahaha. But that is just 2 to find so not so bad really, but I hear you and some have many user names to try and find peeps with as well, Arg....

Aaron Wrote:
Initially it will just be a plugin to export maps as Atlas files. At the least this will work for the heightfield and the texture. Depending on how carried away Ben gets when writing the plugin, this could also include the normals map, the light map, the attributes map and the alpha maps. Once the plugin is going, I will add an 'Export to Atlas' option the menu, to bundle together all the map exports.

Great, just make sure please that we have posts if we can on this website? as I come here more then GG sometimes. You seem to me to be more organized sometimes also, so I figure we get the best poop (NEWS) from you. Make sense? Besides I drool at the thought of plugins we can use for different stuff also. Sure could use a 3d max exporter/imported plugin also??

Side note:
I have more fun playing with L3DT then I do most video games. Now their are those that think I am one sick puppy for that, but we all have different ideas of how to get our cookies off when we have play time, I just choose L3DT over most video games of late if I am not working on vid/engines myself. Can't wait to see the new Viewer that Aaron puts together over this next year will look like when he gets up to speed on TGE/TSE engines. Again, Aaron Grats on the nice article about you on GG's forums.

DT:twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to General discussion