L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

LOVE IT!

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

LOVE IT!

Postby XDude » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Dude!

I downloaded L3DT today, looking for a good terrain generator that'll export to OBJ.

It totally rocks. I especially like the extra bits of humor you've added to the various warnings and dialog boxes. ;)

Question - is the max 2048x2048 resolution a "Professional" feature? I've got 3GB of video RAM, I'd really like to bump it up to 16,000 or something if possible...

Thanks for such a great program!
XDude

Re: LOVE IT!

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:48 am

Hi XDude,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your encouragement.

Yes, the 2049x2049 pixel limit only applies to the Standard edition. In the Pro edition, the upper limit is 128k x 128k pixels for the heightmap (and more for the texture). Please feel free to try it out (90 days for free, easy uninstall, no obligation, yada yada yada) using the pro trial page.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby XDude » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:05 pm

90 days is very reasonable. Thank you!

I don't know if I'll ever get to use your program in a commercial application (where it'll pay for itself) but for now I'm having a lot of fun playing. :)
XDude

Postby XDude » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:50 pm

//Edit: NEVER MIND! All I had to do was hit "Save." Thanks. ;)

This is probably documented somewhere -- sorry for not fully RTFMing -- is there a way to get the texture map in a single image?

I've re-calculated the texture 5 times with a variety of options turned on/off, with "Split map into tiles" unchecked every time, and it's still producing tiles.

Is there anything I can do, aside from manually dragging the pieces together in Photoshop?

Thanks.
XDude

Return to General discussion