L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Invalid terrain type

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Invalid terrain type

Postby Aus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:48 am

Hi all, hoping someone can help, I'm getting pink squares on my attributes map when exporting, invalid land type, is there any way to fix this as I cant use the exported png
Aus

Re: Invalid terrain type

Postby Aaron » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:52 am

Hi Aus,

A little more information might help in finding the problem. Do you see these pink squares when you view the attributes map in L3DT? Have you done any editing of the attributes map, either inside L3DT or outside? Are you using one of the standard climates that comes with L3DT, or a custom one?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:39 pm

I generated a random terrain, then exported the heightmap and attributes and textures map. I saved the project, a few hours later Iexported the attributes map and texture map and worked on them in photoshop, I reimported them back into the l3dt project I had earlier saved, that's when I got the pink squares of despair.
Aus

Postby Telarus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Working with attribute maps in Photoshop can get tricky. Most photoshop "brush" tools have a bit of falloff around the edges, which tend to blend the active painting color with the background colors along the edge of strokes.

Meaning, you may have introduced RGB values that are undefined by the Climate/Attribute settings in L3DT, leading to errors on texture generation/export.

I recommend working with only the Pencil tool, or otherwise ensuring no blending or blurring is going on between pixels. You'll probably have to re-paint your Attribute map edits.

Good luck!
Telarus
Doyen

Return to General discussion