L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

What's your frame rate?

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

What's your frame rate?

Postby Aaron » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if a few users might be kind enough to post the frame rates they get in Sapphire, preferably when using a recent build of L3DT (e.g. v14.06 RC3)? A user has just reported to me by e-mail that they're seeing a frame rate in Sapphire of 1fps or worse using modern NVIDIA hardware, on a modest 1024x1024 pixel heightmap and a 2048x2048 pixel texture map. I can't reproduce the fault, as I get a healthy 30 - 60fps, using an elderly GeForce 9600GT. I'd love to be able to determine how widespread this problem is, and what range of hardware is affected.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: What's your frame rate?

Postby ShadowIce » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:48 am

Still having problems with Sapphire freezing on me with a Geforce GTX 750 Ti ><
ShadowIce
Luminary

Re: What's your frame rate?

Postby Kiwi-Hawk » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:04 pm

Kia ora

I just purchased this tool and have been working at importing a heightmap for an island I wish to generate and
import into an esp file using TESAnnwyn to make a worldspace for modding in Skyrim. I notice I get a stutter while
moving about in sapphire, frame rates of 29 dropping to9 or even one at times and when I do import that worldsapce
into Skyrim I get a nasty chopping noise and the water flickers the same rate as the stutter in Sapphire

I run :
Asus X99 Deluxe i7 5820 @ 4.2Hz
16Gb DDR4 ram
a EVGA 980 4Gb ram
Two Asus 27" 144Hz monitors

Not sure what I need to run this but I dare say there's some who would be happy to take this shabby rig off my hands <grin>

I did as an after thought (was not installed at build) install my PCIe SB X-Fi sound card

I used this toutorial

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/ ... -tutorial/

Thank you BTW for a great tool

Edit:

BTW I tried all rez's, 1024, 2048 and 4096

Not sure if these will help it's my dropbox with couple of wee videos (sorry Its my firstt time trying to record and it the Sapphire
recorder

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5n1jqt3awclh ... w1Wna?dl=0
Kiwi-Hawk
Contributing member

Return to General discussion