L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Advice for importing the Texture from L3DT to TGE1.5

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Advice for importing the Texture from L3DT to TGE1.5

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:03 pm

Hay guys,

I have had this problem for a very long time with the TGE engine, so I have a question. While I can use textures in the TGE 1.5 engine, and bring L3DT terrains into the mission. I have never found a way in any version to bring the texture map from the L3DT terrain texture map into the TGE engine and make it 1x1 to cover the whole map like we can in the TSE engine.

My question is this? Does anyone know how to do that? I know there must be a way. It may be that it is all Programming, if so, no biggie I give that to my programmer, but I sure would love a link to a Tutorial in GG, or the secret to doing that???? Anyone know that has just joined or been here a bit in the L3DT forums??

Anyway it has been bugging me a long time now and since we are getting ready to dive in and finish up some stuff, I sure would like to find the secret to that little problem. Then I can add texture splatting in the engine to fine tune so to speak the terrains. I sure love the tweaking one can get into as an artist hahahahahaha.

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby edward » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:30 pm

Hey DeathTwister,
I have wanted to do this in the past, but I have never heard of anyone doing it in TGE. So I think if you want it you'll have to add it in to the engine.

Good luck!
Edward
edward

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:35 pm

ya, I was figureing it would have to be done by the programmer inside the engine somehow, just have not found the how yet /smiles But I heard somethiong a year or so back, but have not found the thread again, dang it........

Maybe someone will pop along from GG that has that exact fix for me, now us..../smiles, as I am sure we are not the only ones that would like to know that particular little secret, I am betting.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby tillot » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:57 am

I dont' believe you can do this purely because of how the TGE terrain is managed. In TSE it is paged out in chunks, but in TGE I believe the whole terrain is loaded in memory. I'm not positive it can't be done, but I believe this is part of the reason they rewrote the terrain engine for TSE.
tillot

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:46 pm

Hay Tillot,

Your probobly right, but I could have swarn I heard about somethijg somewhere, but I think your right that it can't be done, as I been looking for almost 2 years now for it.

Hahaha lolol yes, got my working copy of TSE a few days ago to play with with build 4 so this should be fun. Not sure when I have the time now hahaha, but I sure want to play more then I have been these days.

OH, what version of Vue 5 are you using? I saw that vue 5 Easel is 79 bucks, then goes up steep from there and was wondering what you thought of it? it looks killer from what I can see, downloaded the trial, and not sure why I even tried, you can't do a dang thing with it. So I uninstalled it, usless hahaha. I Could not see what they let you export out. Looks sweet though and I may buy if we can bring in Aarons L3DT terrains like you did in this last month's comp. Very good stuff by the way Tillot, WTG bro your good.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to General discussion