L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

anti-aliasing in the viewer

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

anti-aliasing in the viewer

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:46 pm

Hay guys,

OK I have been messing with Skyboxes in this viewer and will look at the Tut that was just posted on sky boxes as I did have questains twith them but I had a questain that maybe should be put in the wish list first? or Extra feature list?

I needed to ask a questain about the anti-aliasing in the viewer as it is very pixulated once you get it into Photoshop and I was wondering if you plan to hava the viewer to be able to do better antiallising in the viewer. High quality textures need to be seen with good anti-aliasing. Not sure if I am asking this right as I am a artist not a programmer.

This kinda shows that the anti-aliasing isn't working so well in the screen shot I took. And yes I am messing with some skyboxes myself so good timing on that Tut. Is there a way to get better quality images out of the viewer?

Also the water didn't seem to be as real looking as I would like and am wondering if that was me as I have seen shots with the water looking great on the your web site, or were they taken into another program after they were generated in this one? It looked like you did them all in this one. Inquiring minds want to know :wink:

Dang I love this puppy you have written, awesome dude. 5 Stars from ATOMIX for sure.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Re: anti-aliasing in the viewer

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:10 pm

Hi DeathTwister,

DeathTwister wrote: I needed to ask a questain about the anti-aliasing in the viewer as it is very pixulated once you get it into Photoshop and I was wondering if you plan to hava the viewer to be able to do better antiallising in the viewer. High quality textures need to be seen with good anti-aliasing. Not sure if I am asking this right as I am a artist not a programmer.

Sorry, anti-alias settings (if L3DTVi2 even has that) would be buried in the mysteries of GLScene, and I'm not a sufficiently gifted Delphi programmer to tinker with that. I'll have a chat with the ex-developer, but I suspect we're stuck with it as-is.

DeathTwister wrote: This kinda shows that the anti-aliasing isn't working so well in the screen shot I took. And yes I am messing with some skyboxes myself so good timing on that Tut. Is there a way to get better quality images out of the viewer?

Hang on, is this just a JPEG compression problem? Perhaps if you hit print-screen, copy into photoshop/whatever and save from there?

DeathTwister wrote: Also the water didn't seem to be as real looking as I would like and am wondering if that was me as I have seen shots with the water looking great on the your web site, or were they taken into another program after they were generated in this one? It looked like you did them all in this one. Inquiring minds want to know.

No, they were in L3DTVi2. They were just very carefully selected ;).

By the way, that looks like a great skybox you've got there. I'm looking forward to some images in the users' gallery :D.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:20 pm

Nay bro,

Well I did use the print screen, but I did kinda mess up with the skyboxes some as they were a bit pixulated as well. I took the skybox from someware else and I need to make some new ones for this program to make sure I got it right.

OK I am back in the saddle as all the bizz meetings are done now and I have tons of stuff to do. Haha got a money man now behind us, but that just means we have to work alot harder now. Doh........

Going to do a walkabout on my mountain bike when it gets light here, then I will dig into this skybox stuff, and get some building made later today. So I will post some art in the next day or so. Also downloading fixes on the pro version.

OOh by the way thanks bro, I love creating art.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to General discussion