L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

.NET port for libhfz?

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Re: .NET port for libhfz?

Postby celludriel » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:35 pm

I finished all major file formats

HFZ, HFF, AMF, WMF and DMF. I've added unit tests for all only the WMFI couldn't find an example with the header TileSize filled in. Are there actually tiled WMF files ? I would really appreciate an example if someone has one. I haven't tested a tiled read or tiled write yet. It should be the same as HFF but well I like to test things right.

I consider it feature complete now and if Aaron agrees, I'll open source it somewhere so other can pick up where I left off if they need to add more filetypes in L3DT. Maybe someone wants to have the text files parsed and easly read/written. However that's now not on my priority list.
celludriel

Postby Aaron » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi Celludriel,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

celludriel wrote:I've added unit tests for all only the WMFI couldn't find an example with the header TileSize filled in. Are there actually tiled WMF files ?

You can safely ignore the TileSize field in the WMF header. I think it had an effect in the deep dark past, but it's not supported by the L3DTio_WMF plugin.

celludriel wrote:I consider it feature complete now and if Aaron agrees, I'll open source it somewhere so other can pick up where I left off if they need to add more filetypes in L3DT.

Open source sounds like a great idea, and thank you for sharing your efforts with the community. I'm happy to host the source archive here, or if you'd prefer to host it on sourceforge/code.google/etc, I'm happy to link to it from the appropriate pages here.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby celludriel » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Hey Aaron,

I've hosted it at https://github.com/Celludriel/L3DT_Filemanager. I always wanted to play around with GIT and this gave me the opportunity. I've tested each file format and have unit tests for them. Performance wise I believe it could be a lot better , especially on very big maps. But it is all working as it should. I did notice my java influence was a bit misplaced at some spots. I start all my methods with a lowercase char while it seems .NET put's uppercase first. Also I have neglected encapsulation and made everything public. It started out as convenience but well .. I never got to refactoring it properly.

Hope you like it and feel free to review and give remarks :) I would appreciate the feedback

Sincerly

Kenny
celludriel

Previous

Return to General discussion