L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the month........

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Postby Pez_man » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 pm

ummm guys... just realized that I DON'T HAVE a game engine.... :cry:
plus, i really don't have time to get to know an engine because exams are coming up so i gotta study. :(

Guys, can i use Sandbox 2 as my engine? besides it, i really don't have any thing...:)
Go Bretons!!!!!!!! (Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)
I'm 14th top poster!!!
You lose THE GAME!!! :)
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby Pez_man » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:42 pm

well on pg.2 now! so does this mean i can use Sandbox 2 ? :?:
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:31 am

Zo K wit meza iffen Aaron says KK. I am in deep pain atm as I got a Inguinal hernia (very very painful atm) working in our garden somehow and now have to have an operatio0mn, but I am working on something, but say we have a 3 month time line to enter stuff. And maybe an actual level at the end of the year maybe to show off the engines??????? So I will be on and off depending on pain levels and operations hahaha.
DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:36 pm

well good luck with the operation, and yes a three month timeline is good.
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:22 am

Ya but we still need more people to play so where are they? anyone out there? Dudes? or should I say dudettes? where you at? hahahaha.

OK I will dedicated one of my prints from redbubble.com as a prize if that would help? don't have much to offer myself, and software would be sweeter, but hay lets tet some fun going all? or is everyone just plain chicken? pluck pluck pluck pluck hahashahahaha just teasing ya'll.

dang I thought we had some artists on this website, guess not, just techies is all? wow bummer......:(
:twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:36 pm

a friend of mine is considering to join, but first i gotta make a map for him so i'm working my tail off at the moment in hopes of getting a chance at this
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:31 pm

/SMILES....That is great brother, always good to get more people part of something bigger then themselves....you will do awesome work I am sure /winks. At least your willing to try and that is a winner in any book.

So no other artists want to play? dang guys why you no want to play? Aaron works his tush off for ya and this is a good way to pay him back since his software is so cheep, So why not have some fun?
Dang I would be ashamed to call myself an artist if I didn't enter art competitions, remember it is ok not to win, as we all win when we share and compete dudes, so lets get on with it..

Who else is in for a video game dev shot contest? Have to have more the 2 to start or just not any fun and I hate winning like that. So dust your egos off, put them on and stick your necks out and create some art. or is there no other artists on this website any more????????????????????????

I challenge you dudes to a real contest, or is everyone that is here has no clue on how to make games right now? Should be A no brainer, all you have to do is go in and take some screens of what ever your project is ongoing and post it, I mean how hard is that guys???

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:48 pm

guess no one cares, or they are too lazy to try. I mean after 500 views, no one else has commited to this :cry:
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby Rummy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 am

Just my opinion , but I think it should be an end of year type of voting...best of type thing.
Rummy
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:38 am

ROTFL yup, pretty sad huh?
:twisted: :roll:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Rummy wrote:Just my opinion , but I think it should be an end of year type of voting...best of type thing.

I dont understand what u mean Rummy... do u mean we gather all potential images, enter them and then at the end of the year vote on which one is the best?
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby Rummy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:38 am

Yes, most 3d modeling forums such as CGtalk , Military Mesh etc use this format. The is usually a forum devoted to finished images and members vote on the best ones done throughout the year. I'd love to be able to generate lots of rendered images but it's just not high on my list.
Rummy
Contributing member

Postby Pez_man » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:15 pm

hmmmm... ya i guess it works but i think it takes too long ( i am VERY impatient) and i'm sure its called Image of the month for a reason LOL
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby arafitos » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:18 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the L3DT forums, but I hope to help make the day a lot brighter... (although I won't achieve that using my webcam ; )

Came here on Pez_Man's constant pleas... JK I pleaded with Pez_Man to give me the URL, lol.

Well hopefully I can start to contribute to the community and help out Banana in his quest for glory.
The pessimist looks upon a glass half empty, the optimist looks upon a glass half full, but I... I look upon the reflection in the glass and wonder about how many years I have yet to live - unknown
arafitos

Postby Rummy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Pez_man wrote:hmmmm... ya i guess it works but i think it takes too long ( i am VERY impatient) and i'm sure its called Image of the month for a reason LOL

Yes, but there really has not been a competition in several months. There is nothing to keep folks from posting images, is there? In the past many monthly competitions were extended. Death Twister was winning them all anyway :D
Rummy
Contributing member

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion