L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

How's the UE4 support these days ?

Got a problem or need advice?

How's the UE4 support these days ?

Postby --Richie-- » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:14 pm

I have the latest stable version of L3DT (16.05) and it's not the best for UE4, works flawlessly with Arma though, my other choice of engine.
My renewal is now due but I've lost interest in Arma so I'm hoping for UE4 support, previously the scaling was off, edges we're stretched due to the supported UE4 resolutions.

Also @ Aaron, if you do read this, I tried emailing you last week but no reply and I can't send a PM because I'm new.
--Richie--

Re: How's the UE4 support these days ?

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Richie,

I'm very sorry for my slow reply.

There has been no change to UE4 support since 16.05. However, if you can let me know which changes you require to simplify UE4 support, I will be glad to make a script or plugin to make it happen.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: How's the UE4 support these days ?

Postby --Richie-- » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi Aaron and sorry for the delay replying.

What would be great if support for UE4 was better, when exporting my height file from L3DT into UE4 it's always a chew on, having to calculate scale values and such which i never get right, I also never seem to get the same level of detail either.
WM allows nice simple exports and masks but I prefer L3DT, I've used L3DT longer and don't really want to change.

I'm happy to help test any terrains and resolutions but my license also needs renewed, I'm currently on 16:05

Regards,
Richie
--Richie--

Return to Help and support