L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Request for climate editor...

Got a problem or need advice?

Request for climate editor...

Postby Forboding Angel » Tue May 23, 2006 3:46 pm

Arron, could you do me a HUGE favor and add this feature to the climate editor...

have a 500 pixel heightmap with 1 large hill on it that we can see from a side view (possibly via the viewer?) and allow us to chance heightfield options on the fly (scale, height etc) for that particular image and allow us to quickly see how our climate looks in real practice so that editing it is much easier?

Hopefully I made some sense.

Edit: Actually, if you've ever used bryce3d, similar to the way that the materials editor does things. I.E. has the little terrain picture in the top left corner so you can see what your material looks like.
Forboding Angel
Luminary

Postby trollfiddler » Tue May 23, 2006 7:00 pm

This sort of ties in with a request I made to have a real-time map to view climates as you change the params. I asked for something "simple" and 2D like the attributes map, as I didn't want to be pushy and ask for something more complicated. But if Aaron does go to the trouble of making a 3D real-time texture map, then it would be great if it could double as a climate display.
trollfiddler
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:13 am

Hello,

Oops, I'd meant to reply to this a week ago (sorry!). Basically, I do want to improve the climate-editing/visualising interface in future releases, but it's not likely that there will be a 3D-interface any time soon. An interactive tool such as that suggested by trollfiddler is a much safer bet.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support