L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Resizing a Hieghtfield

Got a problem or need advice?

Resizing a Hieghtfield

Postby chieling » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:45 am

Ive have been trying to resize a heightfield from a Horizinal scale of 1 to a 5.

I have had no luck in this so far, the map always seems to be the same size. I have tried changin it in both the design Map area and also the heightmap area. it looks to me as if i should be able to change it in either spot and the re-do the calculations and it should happen. Am i doin this in the wrong spot? I have looked in the documentation and havent seen how to do it.

Chieling
chieling
Contributing member

Re: Resizing a Hieghtfield

Postby Aaron » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 am

Hi Chieling,

To change the horizontal scale of an existing map, select the 'Operations->Heightfield->Change horizontal scale' menu option. If you want the number of pixels in the heightfield to change also (I can't tell from your post), use the 'Operations->Heightfield->Resize heightfield' option.

Please note that changing the horizontal scale won't change any height values but will modify the steepness of the map (gradient = rise / run, where you're changing the run). To maintain the same steepness, you will also have to change the vertical range of the heightfield.

the map always seems to be the same size.

Do you mean size in pixels or size in metres?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support