L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

climates

Got a problem or need advice?

climates

Postby creat326 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi

I see a whole list of climates and what I usually do is try with one and see the result.
But I wonder, why there are not on the documentation? I believe the documentation should have a list of the climates and screenshots of the same heightmap with each climate.

Right now I see the link to "climate" at some parts of the docs, but the page is empty.
creat326

Re: climates

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi creat326,

Thanks for the request. I did provide images of the different climates as they were introduced (e.g. temperate, arid and arctic in v2.3), but I have not collated them into one easy-to-find index. I'll put this on my list of things to do.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby creat326 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:05 pm

hi aaeron
was this ever done? i'm looking for climates and some examples but unfortunately i don't find many.

I think it would help having a bit more variaty and some example page with a list of 20-30 (not 4 or 5 :) of very different climates/terrains so you can see what's possible to do with the software.
Right now all pics look more or less the same, just different heightmaps. When I go to world machine I'm shocked with the variety and I'm sure we can achieve the same with l3dt but I just don't see how since there are no how-to examples.
creat326

Postby Aaron » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Creat326,

Thank you again for the request. This is still on the 'to do' list, and I will get to it once I have completed some other priorities.

Regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support