L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Import L3DT2TSE causes waterblock bug

Got a problem or need advice?

Import L3DT2TSE causes waterblock bug

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:43 pm

Hay all,

I thought I would ask this question here in the hopes of getting a fix quickly. I see that Sage and monks and the rest have figured it out so maybe you guys can help me so I don't have to post on GG?

When I imported my terrain into the TSE engine I as you guys know I had a bit of trouble getting the math in my head. After I got it I got it ROTFL but now I have other troubles.

1. the way the Atlas editor works seems to be very buggy and probably why I haven't seen anything but flying objects in the TSE engine is if your running across your terrain when you hit a atlas pages line you fall through the terrain into oblivion. The new TSE engine was released yesterday so we will compile it and they did work heavy on the Atlas part of the engine so they may have fixed that by now. I also noticed that there was a L3DT.atlas in the CVS download. Woot Aaron you in the GG engine now. Didn't know if you knew that or not, but they like you bro.

2. the most important reason for this post. I have talked with other people that are having the same trouble as I am with the water block inside TSE. I haven't seen any posts on GG for this trouble either and again it could just be the atlas doing it, but I see Sage and Monks doing just fine so how the hell to I get my water block to work right??

I can see the water if I am below the water surface like .........

Looks great right? but if I go just above the water lvl I get.......

No fracking water at all, even though it is right there. All the settings are the same as the starter demo zone that it comes with exactly, so why can't I see the dang water? If anyone could help with a Tut? or some fix it code for my programmer would be real sweet about now. That has been the main reason for me not posting TSE stuff until now, I dunna have it together here :cry:

Thanks in advance for any help inc, I know there is at least 1-2 others on the forum that has similar problems to my plight. If I can't get an answer here I will go to GG, but would rather get the info from my good brothers from here. You guys Rock.......

BTW a side note. The texture is from both L3DT and a Terragen overlay to get a bit of more texture added to it.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:54 pm

This is more of an update to my problem.

I found from a post at GG that it is a bug on import on GG's part, and it causes THE shader for the water top to kinda not be There I guess. But he didn't know what the shader was that is not there, so if anyone knows maybe lets us know? I will go a hunting later for it, maybe I can figure out what is missing, then find where it went and add it back.

Also today we are compileing the new TSE build 3.5 so I hope the bugs I have found with the Atlas/terrain generator in TSE and the water block issue gets fixed, WOOT then I am off and running $ROTFL...

In the mean time, anyone know what shader is not there?

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Help and support