L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Error Messages

Got a problem or need advice?

Error Messages

Postby Memphis291 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:17 am

Hello everybody,

I am relatively new to all of this (L3DT) and I am as much impressed as I am happy that somethings awesome exists.
But I sometimes have no Ideas what the one or other Errormessage means. The ones I am refering to appears sometimes when I either try
to update a heightmap or create a hightmap from an newly created map (follwoing the Fjord tutorial)

This is some examples of the messages that appear, can you tell me, what those mesages mean, and what I do have to do to avoid them?

Code: Select all
HF_CurvFilter error
 - result map is incorrect size
>> 6 x 6 instead of 7 x 7

calc_HF_ErodeChannelEx error
 - HF_CurvFilter returned false

HF_CurvFilter error
 - result map is incorrect size
>> 6 x 6 instead of 7 x 7

calc_HF_ErodeChannelEx error
 - HF_CurvFilter returned false

Thanks in advance

Memphis
Memphis291

Re: Error Messages

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Memphis291,

I apologise for the unintelligible nature of that error message. Just about all of the error messages in L3DT are intended to help me work out exactly where in the code something has gone wrong so I can fix it, as opposed to telling the user what went wrong or what they should do. In this case, there's nothing much you can do; it's clearly a bug in the algorithm, which is probably triggered by an unexpected map size. Can I ask you to send me the complete log file? (to aaron@bundysoft.com) You can get to it from the Windows start menu under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs'. In that directory, you will find a file called 'log.txt'. With the logfile, I will be able to work out what is going wrong.

Thank you for reporting this bug, and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Memphis291 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:20 am

Hello Aaron,

I send you the mail with the logfile. The subject is: requested log file my email adress is send to you by pm, to sort it out...I suppose you recieve a lot.

regards

Memphis
Memphis291

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi Memphis,

Edit: Never mind; the data I had originally requested in this post is already in the log file. Please stand by while I dig through it all.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Memphis,

It seems that the errors given above are due to a bug in the volcano overlays. I'll let you know when a fix is available for download. Thanks again for the bug report.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Memphis291 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you for your effort, Aaron
Memphis291

Return to Help and support