L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

increase altitude of design map within a set threshhold

Got a problem or need advice?

increase altitude of design map within a set threshhold

Postby mcbeth » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:48 am

lets say I wanted to increase or decrease all altitudes over a given range by 100 i.e if the point is below that given range ignore it............can that be done
mcbeth
Contributing member

Re: increase altitude of design map within a set threshhold

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi McBeth,

Yes, it's possible. If you're using L3DT Professional, you can use this brand new graph to do what you want. To use this graph, you should first download the zgraph file and save it in your resources\graphs folder. On Windows 7, this is:

C:\Users\[your username]\L3DT\resources\[L3DT version]\Graphs

Once the graph file has been saved, open L3DT and load your project. Then, select the 'Graphs->More graphs' menu item, and select the 'dm_offsetaltabovethreshold' option. The graph will then ask you to enter the threshold and offset heights, and once you've done this, it will add the offset height (or subtract, if you enter a negative height) only to the pixels above the threshold height. The graph also saves an undo point just in case you don't like the result of the calculation.

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby mcbeth » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:05 pm

thanks for the info.......and yes I finally went pro two or three days ago in fact.............after threatening for so long :oops: 8)

thanks again
mcbeth
Contributing member

Postby mcbeth » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 pm

ok it works correctly for what does...unfortunately it also takes some points lower than I want them to be......I think what I really wanted was to proportionally scale along the y axis with the threshold level as the scaling center while holding the original shape as much as possible...........sigh...........I'll see what I can work out or is there a graph that works with scales percentage or something
mcbeth
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 am

Hi McBeth,

Sure, that can be done in a graph too. Do you want the height of all pixels to be scaled (including those below the threshold, which would get scaled down), or only have the heights above the threshold scaled up?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby mcbeth » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 pm

I suppose both ways, assuming I.m understanding correctly let's say u had a mountainous Island but u wanted lower mounts or swallower seas but wanted to maintain the proportionality of the map if that makes sense
mcbeth
Contributing member

Return to Help and support