L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Expand a heightmap?

Got a problem or need advice?

Expand a heightmap?

Postby bluesmurph » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:26 pm

So I just started using L3DT and its really nice! I just found out about the Pro trial so I decided to give it a try. I Created a map that is 2048x2048 before I had Pro. I tried re-sizing it to 4096x4096 but it dragged everything out. Instead I re-sized it to 3072x3072 and fixed my mountains and such but I still want my map to be 4096x4096

How can I expand my map without re-sizing all the features. Like how in Photoshop there is Image Size (resizes the actual image) and Canvas Size (resizes the dimensions of the image adding white space in the new areas). I want to adjust my canvas size so I can continue building this map on this scale.

I have already tried exporting it as RAW, PNG, and JPEG and using Photoshop's Canvas Size to adjust but when I import it back into L3DT I get crazy landmasses. IDK what to do...
bluesmurph

Re: Expand a heightmap?

Postby MacroManJr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:58 am

Whoops! I think I misread your post and gave you a wrong answer. I'm just editing my previous comment to this comment to avoid future readers' confusion and just letting Aaron answer this one. ^_^
Last edited by MacroManJr on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacroManJr

Postby MacroManJr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 am

Editing my previous comment here too. My previous answer here was off the mark. Again, just want to help avoid future readers' confusion.
Last edited by MacroManJr on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacroManJr

Postby Aaron » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:36 am

Hi bluesmurph,

Sorry, L3DT doesn't currently have a way to change the canvas size without resizing the existing map to cover the whole canvas. However, I think I can implement this in a graph or script; I'll post it here when it's done.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support