L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

TGEA Atlas no longer available?

Got a problem or need advice?

TGEA Atlas no longer available?

Postby Wolfsong73 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Hello,

Just posting to see if I can get some clarification or help with this.

I'm working on a personal project using TGEA, and I'd like to use their Atlas terrain system. I know it's an older engine and is no longer officially supported... but it is still available to those who'd purchased it, and there are still people using it; it is/was a solid engine, so why not? I'm just not a fan of T3D, having tried it a few times now.

Anyway... I downloaded the Standard and the Release Candidate versions. Both have the Torque Export button at the top of the interface, but neither work, because when I click on that button, it says I don't have the plugin installed.

It isn't listed under File > Export either, as illustrated in its User guide.

I looked to add it via the Extension Manager, but it wasn't in there. I came to the website to download it, figuring it had been left out somehow, and there's no download llink for it (the compiled version, not the source code). Instead of a download link, it says it's included with the download... But it isn't.

So... I'm at a complete loss here lol.

Is there a way I can obtain and use that plugin still?

Thanks for any help!
Wolfsong73

Re: TGEA Atlas no longer available?

Postby Wolfsong73 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:38 pm

So just a quick update...

I downloaded the source for the plugin and tried to compile it. It loads up and has to be converted to the newer version of Visual Studio I have. But when it's done, all the files are "unloaded", and there's nothing to "build". I'm guessing there's serious incompatibility issues there.

I'm not a programmer, by any stretch. I've had success compiling other things in the past (TGE, TGEA, and other engines, etc), even after VS converting them, so I thought I'd be able to do the same here and be good to go. Not the case, I guess :-/

Soooo... Here's hoping I can still get it working :p
Wolfsong73

Postby Aaron » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi Wolfsong73,

Hmmm....that's odd. The L3DTio_Atlas2 plugin is still included in the installer for L3DT Pro, including the latest update (v14.06 RC 3). Can you confirm whether the 'L3DTio_Atlas2.zeo' file is on disk in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bundysoft\L3DT [version]\Extensions\' directory? If it's not there, the download link is:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads ... s2-bin.zip

(this has been restored on the plugin page too).

As for the source code, the plugin page has an older iteration of the source, but I'm surprised to hear it doesn't compile. Are you using Visual Studio 2013?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Wolfsong73 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 am

Aaron wrote:Hi Wolfsong73,

Howdy!

Aaron wrote:Hmmm....that's odd. The L3DTio_Atlas2 plugin is still included in the installer for L3DT Pro, including the latest update (v14.06 RC 3). Can you confirm whether the 'L3DTio_Atlas2.zeo' file is on disk in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bundysoft\L3DT [version]\Extensions\' directory? If it's not there, the download link is:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads ... s2-bin.zip

(this has been restored on the plugin page too).

I checked, and nope... The file was not installed with the program (I currently have the Standard version on my system, but it wasn't there with the RC either).

Thank you for putting that back online. Much appreciated!

Aaron wrote:As for the source code, the plugin page has an older iteration of the source, but I'm surprised to hear it doesn't compile. Are you using Visual Studio 2013?

Best regards,
Aaron.

I'm using Visual Studio (C++) 2010 Express; that seems to be the one that works the most consistently with what I've used it for (except for the plugin, of course :p)

Thanks again!
Wolfsong73

Postby Aaron » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi Wolfsong73,

Ah, that makes sense. The L3DTio_Atlas2 plugin is only included with Professional and Pro for Torque; it is not available in the Standard edition (release candidate or otherwise) because that does not include some features upon which the plugin relies, as discussed in your other thread.

I'm using Visual Studio (C++) 2010 Express; that seems to be the one that works the most consistently with what I've used it for (except for the plugin, of course :p)

Visual Studio Express doesn't support the Microsoft Foundation Classes, and that plugin happens to be an MFC project. Stripping out the MFC dependency would require a rebuild of the user interface, which is non-trivial.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support