L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Unable to complete Atlas export

Got a problem or need advice?

Unable to complete Atlas export

Postby Wolfsong73 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 am

Hello again,

So, I got the Atlas plugin installed and working.

However, now I'm having a problem getting a map exported.

For reference, I'm following this tutorial:
http://www.bundysoft.com/wiki/doku.php? ... rque:aaron

The problem I'm having is when I get to the point of generating the Alpha Map.

I combine the different maps into 4, so that's fine. But the problems start when I get to the next screen. There's at least 2 options that the tutorial instructs to change, but are locked behind a Pro purchase and inaccessible.

The first one is changing the Layers Per Image to 4. It doesn't let me select anything above 1 (8 bit).
The second issue is selecting the "Make High Res Alpha Maps".

Attempting to use/change either one gives me a popup stating "Sorry, this feature is not available in L3DT Standard Edition.

Is this supposed to be happening?

If so, then that's rather discouraging. Especially considering there's nothing stating any such limitations anywhere I've looked, including in the tutorial. The only limitation I see is that you have to be using version 2.6 or later; I'm using 11.11. I'm willing to purchase the program, but I'd like to be able to export at least a *small* terrain, just to see how the process works and get an idea of the results for myself before doing so.

So, is that supposed to be working that way, or was there a goof-up somewhere?

Wolfsong73

Re: Unable to complete Atlas export

Postby Aaron » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi Wolfsong78,

I apologise for that rude shock. The Standard Edition doesn't support RGBA alpha maps, nor high-res alpha maps. This is listed in the comparison of editions page, but I'll now make the Pro requirement explicit in that tutorial. Now that I think about it, this is one of the reasons the Standard Edition never included the Atlas plugin.

If you'd like to try the Atlas exporter with the Professional edition, you can register for a free 90 day trial here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/pro-trial.php

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support