L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Water surface & Disabling detailed grid

Got a problem or need advice?

Water surface & Disabling detailed grid

Postby RaunoR » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi!
I'm new to L3DT and it seems to be a very fine geometry tool, but I do have a problem which I couldn't figure out on my own:
While in 3-D heightmap Edit-mode, performance collapses when I move the mouse cursor on the landscape and Sapphire draws out that more detailed editing grid. Is there any way to disable or reduce size of this grid? I'm using 14.09 beta 5 (full license). GPU: GTX690, CPU: i7-4770.

Thanks!
RaunoR

Re: Water surface & Disabling detailed grid

Postby Aaron » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:12 am

Hi RaunoR,

To disable the high-resolution mesh, select the 'Extensions->Sapphire->Renderer settings' item in L3DT's menu. Then, navigate to the 'Terrain->ROAM->BruteForcePatchRenderingForEditor' option in the tree view, and double-click on it to set the value to 'false'.

Hmmm...this is the second report I've had recently of poor rendering performance on new NVIDIA hardware. It's starting to look like their current drivers are pretty poor at OpenGL versions before 3.0. Hrumpfh.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Water surface & Disabling detailed grid

Postby RaunoR » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:30 pm

That did the trick. Thanks!

If it helps debugging, it seems that the GPU doesn't even try its best while drawing the detailed grid. The GPU's clock rate remains low, like in a idle state.
RaunoR

Return to Help and support