Keep getting this message every time I open up the editor. "CVar::Create error
- Variable name 'tropical26.cli.xml' contains illegal character '.'
How do I get rid of it and what does it mean ? :o
HAWK1
HAWK1

Re: Error

Postby Aaron » Sat May 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi Hawk,

I apologise for this error. Some part of L3DT (or a plugin, script, etc.) is trying to create a variable that contains a reserved character. It's unlikely to cause any problems other than annoyance, but without more information I won't be able to fix it. Can you please send me the complete error log file? (to aaron@bundysoft.com) You can get to it using the 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs' shortcut in the Windows start menu. That link will open a directory in which you will find a file called 'log.txt'. With the logfile, I will be able to work out where the fault is occurring. Please collect the log file after the fault occurs in L3DT, and before re-opening the program, as the log file is overwritten at the start of each session.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby HAWK1 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:57 pm

Aaron,
I sent the log files per your request. I added a couple more log file in hopes that it will add some more clues. if there is anything else let me know?
HAWK1
HAWK1

Postby Aaron » Sun May 31, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi Hawk1,

Thanks for the files.

My guess from the log is that there is an invalid variable name in one of the cli.xml climate files. Did you hand-edit the 'Dvxi5.cli.xml' climate by any chance? All your other climates appear to be the default climates, which don't seem to cause this trouble. Could you send me this file, perhaps?

Anyway, the log doesn't quite contain the info I need, so I've uploaded a new build (15.05 build 2, on the Pro downloads page now) that should better help me find the exact cause. Please try the new build, and send me the log file after the error occurs.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby HAWK1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Aaron I sent the file I am currently working on, I hope I didn't cause this? :o
HAWK1
HAWK1

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:58 am

Hi Hawk1,

Could you please send me this file:

C:\Users\[your user name]\L3DT\Resources\Pro 15.04.0.1\Climates\Dvxi5.cli.xml

After you've sent that file, please download and install L3DT 15.05 build 2, which is on the pro downloads page now (see your sales/registration receipt e-mail for link). Please run this version of L3DT,and then send me the log file if the problem persists (log.txt only).

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby HAWK1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Aaron,
When I down loaded and install the copy of L3DT_PRO-11.11 file you sent, everything working fine. Here is a copy of the text xml file enclosed you ask for. I notice that it created another file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bundysoft" old file was "L3DT Professional 15.04.0.1" in C:\Program Files (x86). So now when I go to load up "Dvxi5 Map" I have no problems. Apparently trouble lies within that old file. :D
HAWK1
HAWK1

Postby Aaron » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi Hawk1,

Um, I think you installed the wrong version. You might like to download v15.05. It's on the same page, just below v11.11.

I think the problem was in the Dvxi5.cli.xml climate file. Did you uninstall your previous v15.04? If not, please send me this file if it exists:

C:\Users\[your user name]\L3DT\Resources\Pro 15.04.0.1\Climates\Dvxi5.cli.xml

[ where 'your user name' is obviously your windows user name ]

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby HAWK1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Aaron,
I deleted everything and start fresh. Downloaded a fresh copy PRO15.04.0.1 editor. Yes made sure uninstall both copies editor before new install. Open editor and it got rid of that problem. Now I have another error message coming up in the event log instead. “CzFilterFactory: Register Filter:-class name ‘Height field Generator Fractal” is taken! So I went into extensions file and disable the filter “ZG_fractal”. That took care of that problem.Enclose is the climates Dvxi5 xml file. :roll:
HAWK1
HAWK1

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:55 am

Hi Hawk1,

Thank you for the error report regarding the CzFilterFactory: Register Filter message. I'll sort that out for the next build.

Thanks also for the files. Unfortunately, that wasn't the climate XML file I asked for (it was XML, but wasn't a climate). However, since you've deleted everything the file I wanted is gone now. We'll try again if the fault ever comes back.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby HAWK1 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Thank you for the timely responds to my problem. Must have deleted climate xml file. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Just in time for windows 10,
can't wait to see what problems if any that bring?
Thank you again HAWK1. :lol:
HAWK1
HAWK1

Postby HAWK1 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Aaron,
Guess what now another problem. CMapGroup::WBL_LoadList error:
- cannot open TXT file CMapGroup::AutoLoadMap warning:- cannot load water body list.
I enclose the map I been working now for a couple weeks now. Could you take a look at that file (at your convention)
and tell me that the information in that file is causing the porblem? Or perhaps even contribute to those errors?
I know now that it's not the editor. I am reading the help inform and catching up on some map related tutors?
HAWK1
HAWK1
HAWK1

Postby HAWK1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Aaron:
Sorry to be a pain, did you have a chance to look at to file (Dvxi5_Map) I sent to you see weather that was the root cause of my problems? :!:
HAWK1
HAWK1

Postby Aaron » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:22 am

Hi Hawk1,

Can you send me the L3DT project and map files? The files you sent are from some other application.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby HAWK1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Aaron,
L3DT Project file I am current working on is based on information from the Dvxi5_Map file. So I will include that with the L3DT project file as a reference point. I have no problems with the height map. The problem seems to happen when I incorporate the other information from “DVXI5 Files” into it. When I try using map file formats like Heightfield no problem use raw image. But converting image, will say tga to png for the purpose of using L3DT editor there laid some problem. Information stored some can be lost converting from one format to another. The DVXI5 information files are what I am trying to ultimately achieve with L3DT editor. That is my guide for producing a map that looks like the sample map that’s in the Dvxi5_Map file folder enclose, then I can export it back to its origin file format and package up and placed in “DVXI5 Map file folder”. Then it will be compatible with the other program that the map is intended for.

PS.
Keep getting error message from server that your "Your mail message to the following address(es) could not be delivered.
This is a permanent error. Please verify the address(es) and try again.

<aaron@bundysoft.com>:
child status 100...The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full.
HAWK1
HAWK1

Next

Return to Help and support